Bukela Game Lodge Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Bukela Game Lodge.
The five star Bukela Game Lodge lies in the Amakhala Game Reserve in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. The four thatched suites at the lodge, one of which is an exclusive honeymoon suite, are individually decorated with African simplicity without compromising luxury.
The main lodge features a dining and sitting area with a; fireplace, as well as a library and a swimming pool which can be found on the wooden pool deck.
The four thatched suites consist of 3 suites and one honeymoon suite. Each of the chalets at the Lodge is individually furnished reflecting an African style of African simplicity.
The exclusively appointed suites accommodate two guests and are separated from the main lodge by native bush and wooden walkways.
The chalets offer comfort with every amenity, such as a spacious en-suite bathroom with spa bath overlooking the African bush, an outdoor and indoor shower, a central fireplace, underfloor heating, air conditioning, private wooden deck, bar fridge and coffee/tea amenities.
The main lodge features a dining and lounge area with a fireplace creating a warm atmosphere during the cooler evenings and winter. A media and library invite guests for reading while the large wooden swimming pool deck which overlooks a small dam which is frequented by Buffalo welcomes guests for relaxation and game viewing.
The dinners are memorable and consist of an open bush braai in the outdoor boma where a selection of mouth-watering salads, hot vegetables and meat await. The unique bush breakfasts, lovely picnics, as well as dinners, are enjoyed with the sound of African rhythmic drums. Should guests prefer to dine in a quiet setting, then a unique location can be arranged for them.
- Game viewing
- River cruise
- Bird watching
- Massage treatments
- Day trips to nearby places of interest.
Below detailed information about the Bukela Game Lodge is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Underfloor Heating
- Viewing Deck
Dining at the Bukela Game Lodge
Guests enjoy an early coffee, tea and cereals as well as fruits, yoghurt and rusks before the morning game drive departs the lodge. After the morning safari, the breakfast/brunch is served buffet style offering a choice of fresh fruit with sweet pastries, toast and jams. Warm items such as eggs cooked to guests preference with bacon and sausage from the buffet are also available.
Light snacks including irresistible savoury and sweet pastries are provided before the afternoon game drive departs from the main lodge which leads into the evening. Bottled water, beverages and snacks such as biltong are offered during the safari. Guests enjoy the sundowner at sunset which is a particular highlight of an evening game drive.
The dinners at the five star Bukela Game Lodge in the Amakhala Game Reserve consist of an informal bush braai in the outdoor boma where a selection of delicious salads, hot vegetables and meat await. The bush breakfasts, picnics, as well as dinners at the Bukela Game Lodge, are enjoyed with the sound of African rhythmic drums. Should guests prefer tranquillity, then a unique setting can be arranged for them.
Guests staying at the five star Bukela Game Lodge in the Amakhala Game Reserve have the opportunity to explore the magnificent game reserve and its wildlife on two game drives daily, the early morning as well as the late afternoon/evening game drive. The duration of the game drives is usually 3-4 hours.
Morning Game Drive times (subject to change):
- Summer / Spring Months (October - March): Morning fame drives start at 6:30 am
- Autumn / Winter Months (April - September): morning game drives start at 7:00 am
Afternoon/Evening Game Drives (subject to change):
- Summer/Spring Months (October - March): afternoon game drives start at 4:30 pm
- Autumn/Winter Months (April - September): afternoon game drives start at 3:30 pm.
A tranquil river cruise down the winding Bushman’s river in the Amakhala Game Reserve can be arranged on request for guests during their stay at the Bukela Game Lodge. The tranquil river cruise offers the best opportunity to view the rare African Finfoot as well as the less rare but more majestic Fish Eagle, which can also be found here.
Day trips to nearby attractions
- 20 minutes drive from Bukela Game Lodge
- great cultural and educational heritage
- beautifully restored and preserved historical buildings
- 1820 Settlers Monument
- Grahamstown Rhodes University
- 36 kms away from the Bukela Game Lodge
- is the closest town to Bukela
Bathurst, Port Alfred & Kenton-on-Sea
- 120 kilometre scenic meander
- historic village houses
- the area's oldest pub and a variety of craft shops
- pineapple farming district
- coastal town of Port Alfred
- beautiful beaches
- Royal Port Alfred Golf Club
- Port Elizabeth Oceanarium: Bayworld
- snake park
- natural and cultural museum
- rugged coastlines of St Francis, Algoa Bay and Port Alfred
- Humewood Golf Course
- Fish River Sun Golf Course
- the first Stegosaur Skeleton was documented in South Africa, less than a kilometre from the Amakhala Game Reserve
- the Krantz formations along the Bushmans River in the reserve represent a cross section of time extending back 800 million years
- various interesting fossils lie exposed on and around the reserve.
Relaxing massage treatments can be arranged in the comfort of the private chalets for guests.
For guests staying at the five star Bukela Game Lodge, conference facilities are available in the Amakhala Reserve.
- Sun deck
- Swimming Pool
- Viewing deck
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Airport transfers
- Game drive safaris
- Housekeeping service
- Laundry services
- Massage treatments
- Tours & Transfers on Request
- Wake-up call
Luxury King Suite
- # Rooms:
Luxury King/Twin Suite
- # Rooms:
The four thatched suites at the five-star Bukela Game Lodge consist of 3 suites and one honeymoon suite. Each of the chalets at Bukela is individually furnished reflecting an African style of African simplicity while not compromising luxury.
Each of the luxuriously appointed suites accommodates two guests and are separated from the main lodge by indigenous bush and wooden walkways.
The chalets at the Bukela Game Lodge offer comfort with every amenity, such as a spacious en-suite bathroom with spa bath overlooking the African bush, an outdoor and indoor shower, a central fireplace, underfloor heating, air conditioning, private wooden deck, bar fridge and coffee/tea amenities. The honeymoon Suite at the Bukela Game Lodge features a large four poster mahogany bed providing space for a memorable stay.
Luxury Safari Tent
- # Rooms:
Bukela Game Lodge Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Enjoy a three night stay at the Bukela Game Lodge in the Eastern Cape and only pay for two nights. Receive one complimentary night.
Bukela Lodge is situated within the 6000 hectare Amakhala Game reserve, just 40 minutes drive from Port Elizabeth.
This offer is available 1 - 14 December 2016 and 1 May - 31 August 2017.
Included in the rate:
- Accommodation, meals, selected house beverages and 2 game drive activities
Excluded from the rate:
- Items of a personal nature (telephone calls, gratuities etc)
Terms and Conditions:
- Subject to availability
- Only valid for a stay of 3 nights or longer
- Valid 1 - 14 December 2016 & May - August 2017
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
- Follow the N2 from Port Elizabeth to Grahamstown (about 70km).
- Turn RIGHT onto the R342 to Alexandria (Karel Landman Monument).
- DO NOT take the R342 to Paterson.
- The right hand turn onto the R342 is exactly 3km further down the N2.
- Go through the security gate.
- Follow the signs to Hlosi Game Lodge (about 2.5km turn right).
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.
- Tourism Grading Council of South Africa