Leshiba Wilderness Game and Nature Reserve
- Star Rating:
- Hotel Type:
- Leisure, Game Lodge
- Address: Soutpansberg Mountain
The Leshiba Wilderness Game and Nature Reserve nestles in the spectacular Soutpansberg Mountains near Louis Trichardt. Situated in South Africa's Limpopo Province, Leshiba is a land rich in African culture and is home to the beautiful and unique Venda Village Lodge.
This beautiful game lodge has been constructed with sand and clay and is the perfect resemblance of a traditional Venda village. The Venda Village Lodge at the Leshiba Wilderness Reserve offers a fire pit which makes for a traditional place to socialize in the evenings.
Leshiba's Venda Village Lodge also features its own lounge area which offers its very own fire place from where spectacular valley views can be admired. The dining area at the Venda Village Lodge is an open thatch roof lapa. Guests can enjoy breathtaking views of the valley while enjoying mouth watering meals. The huts at the Venda Village offer en-suite bathrooms with showers, for guests who would prefer a relaxing bath, the Venda Village has a separate bathroom lapa which houses a large stone bath that overlooks the valley.
Accommodation at the Venda Village Lodge in the Leshiba Wilderness Game Reserve
The Venda Village Lodge at Leshiba features five Standard Huts which have been decorated with beautiful Venda art works and offer a spectacular insight into the Venda way of living. These huts are complete with en-suite bathrooms and showers.
For something more luxurious, private and romantic, the Venda Village Lodge at Leshiba provides two beautiful Luxury Suites. These are much larger than the Standard Huts and are situated away from the main lodge in a more secluded area. These Luxury Suites offer a room, lounge, dining area, patio with braai area and a private plunge pool.
Furthermore, the Luxury Suites also offer breathtaking views of the surrounding valleys and lands. Guests staying in the Luxury Suites have the privilege of viewing game from the comfort of their room.
Activities at the Leshiba Wilderness Game and Nature Reserve in the Soutpansberg Mountain
The landscapes at the Leshiba Wilderness Reserve and Venda Village Lodge provide for a number of fun and exciting outdoor activities. Guests staying at the lodge can enjoy exciting game drive safaris where they get to view some of the spectacular African wildlife which make their home here. The Venda Village Lodge also offers guided walks to the Bushmans Rock Art area in the reserve. Guests are able to view paintings from some of the first inhabitants on the Africa continent.
For the nature lover, the Leshiba Reserve offers a number of safe and marked hiking trails. The hiking trails last anywhere from an hours hike to a seven hour hike. These hikes provide a close encounter with the local nature and afford some spectacular views.
Horse riding trails are also available at the lodge allowing travellers to discover the wilderness from the horse's back. The animals in the reserve are less scared to come closer as visitors on horse back are less threatening for them.
A number of mountain biking trails wind and bend with the rocky terrain. Guests are encouranged to bring along their mountain bike and discover the Leshiba Wilderness Reserve.
The Venda Village Lodge in the Leshiba Wilderness Game and Nature Reserve on top of the magnificent Soutpansberg Mountain offers five traditional thatched huts.
These huts have all been decorated with traditional art from the Venda culture. Two of the huts offer double beds, two huts consist of two single beds and one hut features a single bed.
The huts at Leshiba's Venda Village Lodge have been constructed in the traditional Venda way with clay and mud that has been baked by the sun all of which feature their own en-suite bathroom with shower.
The Luxury Suites at the Venda Village Lodge of the Leshiba Wilderness Reserve in the Soutpansberg Mountain offer their guests a romantic and secluded stay.
The Luxury Suites provide their own private plunge pools and patios which overlook the surrounding lands below. These beautiful suites are located away from the main lodge in a private and secluded setting.
Luxury Suite features at the Venda Village Lodge:
- fully equipped kitchen
- dining room
- outdoor fire place
- braai area
- en-suite bathroom with bath, indoor and outdoor shower.
All the meals served at the Leshiba Wilderness Nature Reserve on the Soutpansberg Mountain are prepared in a true African style kitchen. Romantic champagne breakfasts can be arranged in the bushveld alongside the stream at an additional cost.
Address: Soutpansberg Mountain, Louis Trichardt, Limpopo Province, South Africa
Guests staying at the Leshiba Wilderness Game Reserve in South Africa's Limpopo Province can enjoy relaxing massages by one of the two professional massage therapists at the lodge's spa. Enjoy a relaxing head massage or a full body massage and feel fresh and rejuvenated for the rest of your stay at Leshiba.
Activities / Sports and Leisure
The Leshiba Wilderness Game Reserve in Limpopo is rich in wildlife. Guests can participate in a game drive where they are taken out in an open 4x4 vehicle driven by an experienced tracker and guide providing them with the opportunity to view some of Africa's spectacular wildlife.
The Leshiba Wilderness Game and Nature Reserve in the Soutpansberg Mountain, South Africa, is rich in cultural history. The Leshiba Lodge offers exciting guided bush walks to the Bushman rock art sites.
The Leshiba Wilderness Reserve in the Limpopo Province of South Africa offers a number of outdoor activities such as hiking, mountain biking and horse back riding.
- horse riding trails
- mountain biking (guests need to bring their own bike)
- hiking trails.
Leshiba Wilderness has specially trained all of their guides in the art of stargazing. Visitors enjoy learning about the stars under the crystal clear Limpopo skies.
Conferences and Events
Leshiba Wilderness Game and Nature Reserve Specials & Packages
Driving directions from Johannesburg to Leshiba Wilderness:
1. Travel on the M1 North out of Johannesburg
2. You will then get onto the N1and travel North to Polokwane
3. When in Polokwane follow the signs N1 to Makhado or Louis Trichardt
4. You will travel on the N1 to Makhado or Louis Trichardt
5. Once at Makhado or Louis Trichardt you will come to the first main 4-way stop. This will be Rissik Street or the R522 to Vivo
6. You will need to turn left into Rissik Street and carry on along this road all the way out of Makhado or Louis Trichardt
7. Carry on until you cross over the railway line which will be approximately 31 km outside of town
8. Carry on until you cross the Sand River bridge
9. Approximately 300m after the bridge you will see the sign for Leshiba Wilderness on the right hand side of the road
10. Turn right onto the gravel road and travel until you reach the farmhouse on your left
11. After the farmhouse you will travel until you reach a fork in the road. At this fork keep right
12. Carry on straight following the signs that read Leshiba
13. You will reach a mountain gate which is the entrance to Leshiba. Carry on through the gate making sure to close it behind you. Carry on straight from the first sign that says reception
14. You will each an intersection where you will turn right to reception
15. Pass the Horse and Hound sign and carry on straight
16. At the next sign board and road to your right you will turn right and keep following the signs
17. Continue through the valley and keep right where the road curves
18. Cross the valley and continue up to the Venda Village where you will find the reception.