Rocktail Camp Reviews & Information« Return to Zululand & St Lucia Wetland
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Rocktail Camp.
The Rocktail Beach Camp is a luxury adventure camp set in a lush dune forest next to the warm waters of the Maputaland Marine Reserve. Enjoy a scheduled transfer and arrive at this secluded spot in the Indian Ocean with 40 km of pristine beach just a brisk 700m walk away. Situated close to the most Easterly point of South Africa in the KwaZulu-Natal province.
The dune forest is home to many indigenous birds and small mammals. The beach is the nesting ground for turtles, and nighttime guided tours are arranged by the camp. The Camp offers fantastic reef diving adventures and sea life ocean safaris. Walk and play on the beach, or take the shuttle to Lala Nek and enjoy safe but spectacular snorkelling expeditions.
Set in the pristine countryside close to the iSimangaliso Wetland Park and the Maputaland Marine Reserve, there are 17 separate units carefully constructed out of wood and canvas to create beautiful, permanent, yet environmentally friendly, rooms and suites. The ethos of the camp has created a marvellous Eco-friendly tourist destination while maintaining sustainability, support for local communities and recognition of their culture.
The Camp has a large pool for guests to use. The main lodge of the camp features a dining room, plus lounge and bar. There are a well-stocked curio shop and a special playroom for children. Raised viewing platforms, large veranda’s and boardwalks give the camp a spectacular outdoors feel while maintaining a well thought out, environmentally friendly, secure location.
- A walk through the dune forest takes guests to the pristine and safe beach
- Explore the forest on your own or take a guided tour to see the small mammals, exotic birds and indigenous plants
- Take a shuttle to Lala Nek and enjoy safe but spectacular snorkelling
- Bring your dive card and explore the pristine reefs reserved for guests
- Scuba Dive straight from the nearby beach
- PADI diving course for beginners and experienced divers
- Ocean Safari: experience the thrill of spotting, whales, dolphins, manta rays and turtles
- In season, take the egg-laying trip and watch the splendour of the female turtles laying their eggs
- Take a trip to Lake Sibaya which is South Africa’s largest freshwater lake and has a large population of hippos and crocodiles
- Visit Gugulesizwe Cultural Village for a culturally sensitive yet exciting taste of Zulu and Tsonga everyday life and culture
- Safari trip to Tembe Elephant Park: a morning start with 2.5 hr viewing drive and back in time for lunch.
Rocktail Camp Specials
There are currently no specials for the Rocktail Camp.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.