Baines River Camp enjoys an extraordinary wilderness setting with breath-taking scenery and wildlife in abundance in the Lower Zambezi National Park of Zambia, Southern Africa.
The camp is on the Zambian banks of the Zambezi River in the unfenced wilderness of the Lower Zambezi Valley. Zambia.
Set within the Chiawa Game Management Area next to the Lower Zambezi National Park, and enjoying traversing rights of over 5,500 square kilometres, this magnificent safari camp offers magnificent views across the broad expanse of the Zambezi River to the Unesco World Heritage site of Mana Pools in neighbouring Zimbabwe.
Set in heart of the unspoiled African bush, on the scenic northern banks of the Zambezi River, is where Baines River Camp welcomes travellers to explore the extraordinary wildlife in their natural habitat.
This beautiful colonial style safari lodge was named after the famous artist and explorer Mr Thomas Baines. It offers a great choice of land and water based safari activities in and around the Lower Zambezi National Park.
- The Baines River Camp rooms are well appointed, provide space for comfort and offer convenient facilities and amenities. Ceiling fans, as well as air conditioning, are provided for the warm summer days. Pure goose-down pillows and duvets ensure a good nights rest after exciting wildlife activities.
- The private Baines’ Cottage provides two bedrooms, one king and one twin, each with its own bathrooms. This cottage features an open plan dining room, a lounge and kitchen area which is complemented by a deep veranda with an outdoor dining area and private lawn overlooking the river. The cottage is suitable for young families or friends travelling together. It can be booked with the option of a private guide and chef.
- Ceiling fans
- Cotton percale linen
- Pure goose-down pillows and duvets
- Spacious dressing area
- Walk-in showers
- Coffee and tea making facilities
- Safe for valuables
- Hair dryer.
- Safari drives
- River safaris
- River canoe
- Walking safaris
- Sport angling
- Bird watching
- Fly fishing trips
- Sunset cruise.
- Nearest Airports: Lusaka - 120 km by air / 0h30
- Livingstone: 438 km by air / 1h30
- Nearest Airstrip: Royal Airstrip - 9 km from Baines.