Damara Elephant Horse Safari Reviews & Information« Return to Windhoek
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Damara Elephant Horse Safari.
Damaraland in Namibia, Southern Africa, features a multitude of magnificent geological formations. It is arguably one of the most spectacular regions of Namibia. Being almost inaccessible, very rugged, and yet surrounded by delicate colours which contrast with the remnants of a violent geological past. The true wilderness of Namibia can be explored and discovered on this challenging and rewarding Damara Elephant Horse Back Safari which includes the craters of inactive volcanoes crossed by large river systems including the fascinating wild beauty of the Skeleton Coast.
This unforgettable horse riding safari through Namibia is a tremendously exciting and thrilling adventure where participants have the opportunity to encounter desert adapted Elephant, Cheetah, Rhino as well as other Namibian wildlife. The occasional flooding of the long-dry rivers adds excitement to this fabulous Namibian wilderness experience.
Attractions during the Damara Elephant Horse Safari, Namibia
- rock engravings at Twyfelfontein which is a World Heritage site
- local environmental and cultural projects
- Namibian desert-adapted rhinoceros and elephants
- dramatic landscapes and its geological formations
- unrefined beauty of magnificent African wilderness
- Cape Fur Seal colony at Cape Cross.
Riding pace of the Damara Elephant Tour
- 20 - 50 km horseback riding per day
- all paces are included in the tour
- suitable for well-experienced horse riders
- encounters with elephants are possible.
Horse Safari details
- depart Windhoek
- arrive in Windhoek
- duration: 11 days / 10 nights
- 7 and a half riding days
- 2 and a half sightseeing days
- 8 nights camping
- 2 nights lodge accommodation
- dates: 5 - 15 June and 16 - 26 August
Damara Elephant Horse Safari Specials
There are currently no specials for the Damara Elephant Horse Safari.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
There are currently no reviews for the Damara Elephant Horse Safari.