Ehlane Plains Camp Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Ehlane Plains Camp.
The tented Ehlane Plains Camp in East Africa is set in the eastern region of the wildlife-rich Serengeti of Tanzania. This region of Tanzania is characterized by the vast plains of the Serengeti which is a remote wildlife savannah home to a great abundance of wildlife.
The word "Ehlane" is a Zulu word which means 'wilderness'. True to its name, this camp offers an exceptional safari experience in the Soit le Motonyi are, far away from the Serengeti transit areas. The closest airstrip to this Serengeti camp is the Seronera airstrip which lies about a one and a half hours drive away.
This Serengeti safari camp offers 8 tented suites which include the 2 stargazer suites and the one family suite. Children over the age of five years can be accommodated at the Ehlane Plains Camp. The luxury tents are well appointed with convenient features and amenities to ensure a private and most comfortable setting.
The tents, which are all under canvas, afford beautiful vistas of the wilderness ahead. Each of the safari suites features a welcoming lounge with couches and a coffee table.
Features of the Luxury Tent:
- Dressing area
- Net-draped king size bed
- Bedside tables and lamps
- Mninga writing desk with chair
- Full-length wall mirror
- Soft carpets
- En-suite bathroom
- Shower, double hand basins and flushing toilet.
During the early morning and late afternoon safari drives, guests explore the untamed African wildlife which includes lions, buffaloes, cheetahs, leopards, zebras and giraffes to mention but a few. The unforgettable hot air balloon safari, which takes place during sunrise, is followed by a champagne breakfast served in the bushveld.
Besides the safari drives in the safari vehicles, guests have the opportunity to explore the wilderness on foot during which one learns about the smaller creatures which live in this area.
- Safari drives
- Hot air balloon safari
- Family safaris
- Guided walking safaris
- Bush breakfasts, picnics and dinners.
Camp dates and migration viewing
Camp dates: open year-round / no closure
- High Season: 01 December - 28 February and 01 June - 31 October
- Low Season: 01 March - 31 May and 01 November - 30 November
- Oct to May and June to September (incredible resident predators all year round).
Below detailed information about the Ehlane Plains Camp is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- Viewing Deck
- Hotel Bar
- Viewing deck
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 12:00
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Housekeeping service
- Safari drives
- Tours & Transfers on Request
- Wake-up call
Ehlane Plains Camp Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Stay at Ehlane Plains Camp for 4 nights and only pay for 3!
Included in the rate:
- Full board accommodation, house wine, house beer & spirits, soft drinks, bottled drinking water, tea & coffee, juices, scheduled shared game drives, return airstrip transfers from nearest airstrip.
Excluded from the rate:
National park entry fees, Concession and special campsite fees, Tourism Development Levy, all other drinks not mentioned above, medical evacuation insurance, flights & taxes, gratuities and items of a personal nature.
Terms and Conditions:
- Valid all months except July & August (2019).
- Subject to availability.
- Valid for a 4 night stay.
- Applicable national park entrance and camping fees applicable on free nights.
- Not combinable with circuit discounts or any other offers.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.