andBeyond Kirkmans Kamp Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about andBeyond Kirkmans Kamp.
In the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, bordering the Kruger Park, the lodge offers visitors an unforgettable stay. Is set on top of a ridge and offers its visitors striking views of the valley and the Sand River below. In the central area of the homestead, guests find a welcoming lounge area where they are invited to relax by the fireplace and enjoy reading a book from the library.
The Kirkman Lodge offers travellers a location where time seems to slow down and stand still. Visitors get lost in the breathtaking views and all around charm which this historic homestead has to offer. The traditional South African style lodge provides a total of 18 elegant suites, each of which offers original features from when it was built initially, with a few modern touches. Guests enjoy a large free standing claw foot bath in their luxurious en-suite bathroom where a separate shower adds a stylish and convenient touch.
- Private verandah
The Kirkman Kamp offers its guests delicious, home-cooked meals. For breakfast, platters of fruit and cheese are served followed by a selection of hot breakfast dishes. At lunchtime, guests enjoy their meals on open-air decks within sight of the river.
Dinner brings mouth-watering traditional African-inspired meals which are served around a blazing fire in the outdoor boma making it a very social experience where guests get in contact with the other guests staying at the lodge. After dinner, guests will get to reflect on the day's events with coffee and mouth-watering desserts.
The Lodge is in one of the most famous game reserves for big cats. Guests enjoy a morning and afternoon game drive where they get to explore over 6300 hectares of land which is rich in African wildlife.
Visitors are taken out on game drives in open 4x4 vehicles lead by experienced and trained escorts and can expect to see the following Animals:
There are also Bush hikes available at the Lodge that is usually about an hour long along paths which are close to the lodge. While out on a bush trail guests are accompanied by one of the lodge's trained and knowledgeable guides. Guests, therefore, get to see, smell and feel the environment around them at their pace. During the safari walk, guests are provided with information about the wildlife and fauna as well as insects which may cross their path.
Below detailed information about the andBeyond Kirkmans Kamp is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- In-room safe
- Mini bar
Guests staying at the andBeyond Kirkman's Kamp in the magnificent Sabi Sands Game Reserve enjoy delicious and freshly prepared bush inspired meals, including breakfast, lunch and dinner, during their bush getaway in the Kruger National Park.
Guests visiting the Kirkman's Kamp enjoy two daily game drives in the Sabi Sands Reserve. Game drives depart in the early mornings and late afternoons to provide the best game viewing opportunities in the untamed African bush.
Visitors are driven around 6300 hectares of land in 4x4 safari vehicles where they get to view magnificent African wildlife. The Sabi Sands Reserve of Mpumalanga, South Africa, borders on the Kruger National Park and offers one of the richest game areas in Africa.
A fabulous alternative to an exciting game drive are the delightful and leisurely walks around the area which surround the Kirkman's Kamp in Sabi Sands.
One of the lodge's experienced guides accompanies guests on their walks and share theirs in-depth knowledge of the fauna and animals they may see on their walk. Making this is an excellent way to experience the beauty of the African bush.
The Kirkman's Kamp in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, Mpumalanga, offers a spectacular outdoor swimming pool with views of the African bush and wildlife which sometimes passes through the valley in their natural habitat.
- Curio Shop
- Swimming Pool
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Game drive safaris
- Housekeeping service
- Laundry services
- Wake-up call
- Walking safaris
Malaria and Animals
Malaria precautions need to be taken when travelling to the Exeter Kirkman's Kamp as the lodge is in a malaria area.
Children are more than welcome at Sabi Sand's Kirkman's Kamp but, unfortunately, children under five years old are not allowed to go on the game drives. Babysitting services are available for guests.
- # Rooms:
The 18 elegant suites at the andBeyond Kirkmans Kamp which nestle within the game rich Sabi Sands Game Reserve make guests feel as though one is taken back in time to the beautiful colonial period of the 1920s. While this magnificent homestead at Kirkman's was built in the 1920s, it still offers guests a variety of modern comforts for a relaxed safari getaway.
The suites at the Kirkman's Kamp adjacent to the Kruger National Park of South Africa offer private verandahs from which guests enjoy spectacular views of the untamed African bushveld. The suites also offer en-suite bathrooms with large claw foot bathtubs and spacious free standing showers making for an unforgettable stay.
Kirkman's Kamp Suite features:
- In room safes
- Overhead fans
- Mini bar
andBeyond Kirkmans Kamp Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Stay for two nights or longer at the luxurious Andbeyond Kirkmans Kamp during your honeymoon, and receive a fantastic honeymoon discount. The groom pays full price, but the bride received a 50% discount on her rate!
This offer is only valid for Honeymoons travelling within 6 months of marriage date for a minimum 2 night stay.
Included in the rate:
- Accommodation, three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives, laundry, safari activities, 1-hour nature walks accompanied by experienced armed trackers (subject to availability), emergency medical evacuation insurance, VAT, transfers to and from the lodge airstrip.
Excluded from the rate:
- Items of a personal nature
- Telephone calls, safari shop purchases, gratuities, all items of a personal nature, champagne, cognacs, fine wines, premium brand spirits and cigars, adventures at Phinda, government bed levy, conservancy or park fees and landing fees.
Terms and Conditions:
- Only valid for a stay of 2 nights or longer
- Only valid for honeymooners, marriage certificate may be requested (valid for travel 6 months from marriage date)
- Excludes family suites, family cottages and villas
- Bride's discount already included in the quote
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
Driving directions from Johannesburg to the Exter Kirkmans Kamp in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve of the Kruger National Park, Mpumalanga:
1.Travel on the N12 or N4 from Johannesburg to Nelspruit
2. There is now a new ring road at the Nelspruit N4, which has been built so now you will no longer need to go through the town of Nelspruit. There is a slip road for the R40 to White River which is clearly marked
3. You will take the R40 from Nelspruit to White River and then to Hazyview
4. From Hazyview take the R536 towards Paul Kruger Gate
5. When you see the Kirkmans Kamp sign, you will make a left turn onto the gravel road
6. Keep right all the way to Shaws Gate. At the gate, you will need to pay the entrance fee
7. Once inside the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, you must pass Sabi Sabi and Lion Sands and keep straight
8. Cross straight over the 4-way intersection
9. When you reach the split in the road, you must stay right
10. Follow this road and turn left just after the boom at the Kirkmans Kamp sign.
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.