Dulini Leadwood Lodge Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Dulini Leadwood Lodge.
The luxurious Dulini Leadwood Lodge in the Sabi Sands Reserve and the Kruger park on the banks of the Sand River. There are no fences between the Sabi Sands Reserve and the Kruger National Park. The area surrounding the exclusive lodge offers a great diversity of beautiful African wildlife making it the perfect place for the traveller in search of a spectacular game viewing safari experience. With its four spacious and well-appointed suites, the lodge offers exclusivity and privacy at its best.
The Leadwood camp features a total of four private suites. These are situated away enough from each other to offer guests their privacy, yet they are still close enough for families to be near to each other. The rooms are designed to blend in with the surrounding environment as rich natural colours in the suites.
Large glass doors provide the perfect window into the African plains and river banks below where guests can enjoy spectacular views of the wildlife which comes to get their daily water. The suites offer private decks which boast their very own plunge pool and king size beds. The best of comfort in the rooms include underfloor heating adding a touch of modern day luxury to the safari accommodation.
The mornings are started off at the lodge with cheese and fruit platters, tea, coffee, fruit juices and some hot meals to choose. Lunch at the lodge is light meals served on the deck with fantastic views of the river below. Dinners are a social event with meals around a warm burning fire in the outside boma. Dinner offers delicious and traditional bush meals.
The Lodge is in one of the most spectacular game viewing regions African has to offer, as such all the activities at the lodge are based on the reserve and game viewings. While staying at the lodge, guests can enjoy two exciting game drives daily, one when dawn approaches and an afternoon game drive which continue till the sun sets. The game drives offer a fantastic animal viewing experience as the 4x4 safari vehicles can travel off the road on a harsh terrain to where the animals are.
The trained and experienced guides and trackers take visitors directly to where the animals are so one is almost guaranteed to see most of the wildlife which is home to the Sabi Sands Game Reserve. The thrilling game drives take guests out to areas in the reserve where the larger animals such as elephant, rhino, lion, cheetah, leopard are which increases the chances of seeing the 'Big 5' while on a trip. As the Rangers follow the animals and no particular route, no two game drives are the same.
Bush walks are a fantastic way to explore the environment with a close-up and personal approach as guests get to see, feel and smell the nature around them with no constricting factors. While out on a bush walk, visitors are lead around the reserve areas which are close to the lodge for safety reasons.
A day at the Lodge
- Wake up for your early morning game drive/tea, and coffee is enjoyed while on the drive
- Come back to camp and enjoy breakfast
- Relax in the pool, enjoy a book or take a leisurely and informative bush walk
- Lunch is on the viewing deck
- After Lunch, you can spend some more time relaxing before going on your afternoon game drive
- On arrival back from the late afternoon/evening game drive, guests may return their rooms to change and refresh
- The Boma awaits with a delicious dinner
- After dinner, coffee and desserts
- Guests are invited to spend some time at the boma socialising or just retire back to the comfort of their room for the evening.
Quick Facts about Lodge
- Exclusivity as the lodge only features four suites
- Ideal for families as the whole lodge can be booked out
- Borders the Kruger National Park and is in the game-rich Sabi Sands Game Reserve
- The reserve offers a large number of animal species making it ideal for animal viewing
- Leadwood Lodge is a 5 - 6 hours drive away from Johannesburg.
Below detailed information about the Dulini Leadwood Lodge is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- Private plunge pool
- Underfloor Heating
- Viewing Deck
Dining at the Exeter Leadwood Lodge
Guests staying at the Leadwood Lodge in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, South Africa, get to enjoy delicious breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
Visitors get to start the morning with mouth-watering cheese and fruit platters and well as a choice of hot meals. The lunch menu changes daily at the Exeter Leadwood Lodge and meals are in the open-air dining room. Memorable dinners around a roaring fire in the open air African boma, create the perfect social event for guests' enjoyment.
As the Leadwood Lodge is situated in one of the richest game areas in Africa, this lodge in Sabi Sands bases its activities around the game and beautiful natural environment.
Guests staying at the Leadwood Lodge enjoy two daily game drives. The first game drive departs in the early morning and the second one in the afternoon. While on game drives, visitors get to see the famous 'Big 5' which the reserve is well known for.
The bush walks at the exclusive Leadwood Lodge in Sabi Sands offer a great outdoor experience. Visitors are lead on a leisurely walk by one of the lodge's guides where they will get to learn about the fauna and environment which surround the lodge.
The luxurious Leadwood Lodge in Mpumalanga, South Africa, offers some plunge pools where guests can cool off during the hot and sunny days.
- Swimming Pool
- Viewing deck
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Game drive safaris
- Housekeeping service
- Room service
- Walking safaris
Malaria Status and Animals
The Leadwood Lodge in Sabi Sand is in a Malaria area of South Africa. Precautions should be taken before leaving to this safari getaway destination.
Children can only stay at the Lodge when all the rooms have been booked out by one family or group for exclusive use.
- # Rooms:
The Leadwood Lodge in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve adjacent to the Kruger National Park, South Africa, offers four secluded and exclusive suites.
The suites offer their own private decks with plunge pools. Nature has been brought indoors by using rich, and natural colors in the spacious and elegant suites and the large glass doors offer undisturbed views of the surroundings.
The suites at the luxurious Leadwood Lodge in Sabi Sands offer their fireplaces and en-suite bathrooms with large free standing bathtubs. Underfloor heating is also available in the suites for the cooler winter months to provide comfort.
Dulini Leadwood Lodge Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Stay at the luxurious Leadwood Lodge for 3 nights or more during your honeymoon, and the bride will only pay 50% of the adult rate.
Included in the rate:
- Accommodation, two game drives per day, all meals, teas and coffees, drinks (house wines, local brand spirits, beers and soft drinks), minibar, refreshments on game drive, bush walks, wi-fi, laundry service, transfers to and from the lodge airstrip and VAT.
Excluded from the rate:
- Items of a personal nature
Terms and Conditions:
- Valid 1 January - 31 December 2018 and 1 January - 31 December 2019
- Bride's 50% discount is already reflected in the quote
- Subject to availability
- Only valid for travel within 6 months of marriage date.
- Minimum 3 night stay
Book your stay of 3 nights or longer at Dulini Leadwood Lodge for travel 1 January - 30 June 2019 and receive a discount on their regular rate.
Included in the rate:
- Accommodation, two game drives per day, all meals, teas and coffees, drinks (house wines, local brand spirits, beers and soft drinks), minibar, refreshments on game drive, bush walks, wifi, laundry service, transfers to and from the lodge airstrip and VAT.
- SSW guest conservation contribution (GCC) of R138 per person per night
Excluded from the rate:
- Curio shop purchases, gratuities, telephone calls, spa treatments, gate entrance fees, aircraft landing and departure fees, Ulusaba passenger taxes and airport transfers.
Terms and Conditions:
- Travel dates 01 January 2019 – 30 June 2019
- Min stay 3 nights or more & lodges can be combined, subject to availability.
- Cannot be combined with any other special offers.
- Applies to new bookings.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
Driving directions from Johannesburg to the Exeter Leadwood Lodge in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve of the Kruger National Park:
1. Follow the N12 or N4 from Johannesburg to Nelspruit
2. Once in Nelspruit take the R40 to Hazyview
3. From Hazyview take the R536 towards Paul Kruger Gate
4. Travel 33 km along the Paul Kruger Gate Road and follow the Newington Gate and Sabi Sands Wildtuin sign posts on the left-hand side
5. At the sign, you will take the turn of and travel 25km on a dirt road to the lodge
6. Travel along the dirt road where you will pass a school on your left. You will need to keep driving till you get to a large four-way intersection
7. Turn right at the four-way intersection following the Newington Gate sign
8. Travel along this road until you get to a T-junction
9. You will need to turn left at the T junction where you will see another sign board for Newington Gate
10. Travel 800m along this road. You will see signboards indicating Exeter game lodges namely the Newington Gate and Sabi Sand on the left-hand side of the road
11. Turn left on the sign board
12. Travel along this road until you see the entrance gate to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve
13. Enter at this gate. You will need to pay an entrance fee of R150 per vehicle and R30 per person at this gate
14. Once you have entered the reserve, you will need to turn left immediately
15. Drive past the turnoffs to Savanna and Castleton and Singita and Idube
16. Once past the Idube sign you will see signboards indicating Exeter Leadwood and Dulini
17. Follow the signs to the right camp.
Exeter Leadwood Lodge
Sabi Sands Game Reserve adjacent to the Kruger National Park, Mpumalanga / South Africa
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.