Dulini River Lodge Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Dulini River Lodge.
The five-star Dulunin River Lodge also popularly known as Exeter River Lodge, provides luxury safari accommodation right on the banks of the scenic Sand River in the spectacular Sabi Sands Game Reserve of South Africa's Mpumalanga province. The Sabi Sands Game Reserve lies adjacent to the well known Kruger National Park with no fences separating the two, making for an area which offers a rich diversity of wildlife.
The game rich Sabi Sands Reserve is especially famous for sightings of the elusive leopard, lion, and cheetahs. Being home to the 'Big 5', some of Africa's most fantastic animal viewing can be experienced in this region.The main lodge offers breathtaking views of the river and surrounding reserve and provides the perfect environment where guests can just sit back, relax and enjoy the wonders of the untamed African bush.
The Lodge offers eight spacious and luxurious suites where the Sand River flows right past the door. The suites are spacious to ensure guests have a comfortable and relaxing stay.
Large en-suite bathrooms with a bath and separate shower, a private plunge pool, lounge and private viewing deck make for an excellent setting in the bush. Enjoy views of the passing wildlife from the comfort of your suite as they come to quench their thirst.
At the lodge, the meals served are designed to fit in with the safari experience. Guests staying at the Lodge enjoy delicious breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
The meals at the lodge are set out by the lodge's chef daily to ensure that guests experience something new every day. All the meals are freshly prepared and offer a unique safari culinary experience.
The lodge offers its guests an exciting insight of the African bush and its wildlife with their game drives and bush walks. Game drives occur on a daily basis in the mornings and the late afternoons. Visitors enjoy exploring over 10 000 hectares of safari reserve in an open 4x4 safari vehicle while spotting some of Africa's most beautiful wild animals. The game drives are all led by experienced guides and trackers to ensure travellers get the most out of their memorable game drive experience.
They also offer guests the option to go on a guided bush walk. The forest walk is an excellent way to learn about the smaller plants and animals of the reserve during the game drives. While on the bush walk, the guide will share his knowledge of the flora, fauna, insects and small animals which live in reserve. The bush walk is about an hour long and offers a real eye-opening experience.
The River Lodge's main lodge also offers an extensive open lounge area which is the perfect place just to sit and relax while enjoying a book or to socialise with other guests at the lodge.
In-room massage treatments can also be arranged in the comfort and privacy of the suites. The massage treatments offer an excellent way to relax and de-stress and leave guests feeling rejuvenated for the rest of their stay at the lodge.
Below are some pertinent facts which visitors should be aware of when staying at the River Lodge to ensure a pleasant and enjoyable stay.
- The lodge is in a malaria area
- Children are welcome at the lodge although children under five years may not partake in the game drives or bush walks
- The Lodge has no fences surrounding the lodge, so guests need to keep caution when walking around the lodge.
Below detailed information about the Dulini River Lodge is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- In-room safe
- Mini bar
- Outside Shower
- Private plunge pool
Dining at the Exeter River Lodge
Guests staying at the luxurious Exeter River Lodge in Mpumalanga are in for a spectacular dining treat. Mouth-watering traditional dishes add to the safari experience out in the African bush. Breakfast is after the morning game drives where fresh fruit, cheese platters and a selection of hot and tasty meals await. Lunch is served outside on the deck from here spectacular views can be enjoyed.
Dinner at the Exeter River Lodge offers a truly traditional safari experience. Hearty and traditional dishes are served to guests in the boma around a beautiful roaring fire. Dinner is a very social event where guests meet other guests staying at the lodge and discuss their personal safari experiences. For a more romantic and private dinner setting, bush dinners can also be arranged.
Guests staying at the luxurious Exeter River Lodge in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve in South Africa can enjoy two daily game drives during their stay. The exciting game drives take place in the morning and in the late afternoon which leads into the evening. Before the morning game drive, guests enjoy morning tea or coffee with the game ranger while discussing what animals they hope to see on the day.
The professional game rangers all keep in touch with each other so they do their best to locate the animals which the guests would like to see to ensure an unforgettable safari experience. Unfortunately, it is not always guaranteed that travelers will see what they set out to see as the animals roam free in their natural habitat.
The afternoon game drives offered at the Exeter River Lodge depart in the late afternoon and carry on till after the sun goes down making for a unique wildlife experience. The afternoon safaris through the untamed African bush offer an excellent opportunity to spot the rarer nocturnal animals in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which lies adjacent to the Kruger National Park.
The Bush Walks at the Lodge are a great way for visitors to spend time exploring what the Bush has to offer. These thrilling walking safaris provide a closer and deeper look at the fauna, flora and small intertwining streams that make up the reserve. Guests are joined by a trained guide who shares his knowledge of the environment making it a great learning experience.
The luxurious and spacious suites at the Exeter River Lodge offer their very own plunge pools which provide the perfect cooling comforts from the hot African sun.
The Exeter River Lodge offers in-room massage treatments. Guests enjoy a relaxing treatment in the comfort of their suite while waiting to depart on their next exciting game drive.
- Curio Shop
- Viewing deck
- Wellness centre
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Game drive safaris
- Individual climate controlled room
- Laundry services
- Wake-up call
- Walking safaris
Malaria Status and Animals
The Exeter River Lodge in Sabi Sands, Mpumalanga, nestles in a malaria area, so a visit to the doctor for the required malaria prevention medications is highly recommended before travelling.
The Exeter River Lodge in Sabi Sands adjacent to the Kruger National Park welcomes children of all ages.
Due to safety reasons, children under the age of 5 are not allowed on the game drives. Also, children between the ages of 6 to 11 can partake on the game drives.
- # Rooms:
The River Lodge in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, South Africa, offers eight luxurious suites which are situated right on the river's edge.
The exclusive and spacious suites at River Lodge consist of twin beds which can be turned into comfortable double beds.
The suites are fully air-conditioned, offer en-suite bathrooms with a large bath and a stunning outdoor shower. While staying at Sabi Sand's River Lodge, guests also benefit from having their own private plunge pool.
- In room safe
- Mini bar
Dulini River Lodge Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Honeymooners spending 3 nights or more at the luxurious Dulini River Lodge may enjoy fantastic discounts. The bride will receive a 50% discount off her accommodation.
This offer is only valid for Honeymooners travelling within 6 months of their marriage date with a valid marriage certificate, minimum 3 nights.
Included in the rate:
- Accommodation, two game drives per day, all meals, teas and coffees, drinks (house wines, local brand spirits, beers and soft drinks), minibar, refreshments on game drive, bush walks, wi-fi, laundry service, transfers to and from the lodge airstrip and VAT.
Excluded from the rate:
- Items of a personal nature
- Curio shop purchases, gratuities, telephone calls, spa treatments, aircraft landing and departure fees, Ulusaba passenger taxes and airport transfers.
Terms and Conditions:
- Valid 15 May - 31 December 2018 and 1 January - 31 December 2019
- Bride's 50% discount is already reflected in the quote
- Subject to availability
- Only valid for travel within 6 months of marriage date
- Minimum 3 night stay
Book your stay of 3 nights or longer at Dulini River Lodge for travel 1 January - 31 March 2019 and receive a discount on their regular rate.
Included in the rate:
- Accommodation, two game drives per day, all meals, teas and coffees, drinks (house wines, local brand spirits, beers and soft drinks), minibar, refreshments on game drive, bush walks, wifi, laundry service, transfers to and from the lodge airstrip and VAT.
- SSW guest conservation contribution (GCC) of R138 per person per night
Excluded from the rate:
- Curio shop purchases, gratuities, telephone calls, spa treatments, gate entrance fees, aircraft landing and departure fees, Ulusaba passenger taxes and airport transfers.
Terms and Conditions:
- Travel dates 01 January 2019 – 31 March 2019
- Min stay 3 nights or more & lodges can be combined, subject to availability.
- Cannot be combined with any other special offers.
- Applies to new bookings.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
Driving directions from Johannesburg to the Lodge:
1. Take the N12 or N4 from Johannesburg towards Nelspruit
2. From here the R40 from to Hazyview.
3. From Hazyview take the R536 towards Paul Kruger Gate by traveling along the Paul Kruger Gate Road and take the Newington Gate or Sabi Sands Wildtuin sign posts on the left-hand side of the road.
4. When you see the signs, you will take the turn off on the left, and you will travel 25km on a dirt road to the lodge.
5. Travel along the dirt road until you get to a large four-way intersection.
6. Turn right at the four-way stop and follow the Newington Gate sign.
7. Continue this road until you get to the T junction where you will learn left.
8. On this road, you will see signboards indicating Exeter game lodges on the left-hand side of the road.
9. Make a left on the sign boards.
10. Continue along this road until you see the entrance gate to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
11. Enter at this gate where you will need to pay the entrance fee.
12. After entering the reserve, you will turn left immediately.
13. Continue past the signs for Savanna and Castleton and Singita and Idube.
14. When you pass the sign for Idube you will see signboards indicating Exeter.
15. Follow the signs to the correct camp.
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.