Ezulwini Billys Lodge Reviews & Information« Return to Kruger National Park
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Ezulwini Billys Lodge.
The Ezulwini Billy’s Lodge nestles in the Big 5 Balule Nature Reserve in South Africa's Limpopo Province. Sharing unfenced borders with the adjacent Kruger Park, exciting and unforgettable wildlife encounters can be experienced in this wildlife rich area.
An authentic masterpiece of raised wood walkways which leads from the lodge to the viewing deck which overlooks a waterhole, Billy’s Lodge can be reached from the Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport within a 28 km drive.
Billy's Lodge at Ezulwini has a stylish decor which is inspired by the surrounding nature. The rooms, with their thatched ceilings, en-suite bathrooms, and air conditioning also feature coffee and tea making facilities. The lodges three Luxury Suites are very spacious offering an open-plan en-suite bathroom, an indoor bath, as well as indoor and outdoor showers.
- 3 x Standard rooms (2 are traditional rondavels, one room leads onto the pool area)
- 3 x Luxury suites.
- Thatched ceilings
- En-suite bathrooms (showers and large vanities)
- Twin or double beds
- Mosquito Netting
- Bedside tables
Facilities & Services
Leadwood pillars, thatched roofs, and a raised skywalk which leads to a private waterhole are the critical features of the design of the Ezulwini lodge. The open-air boma invites for delicious, traditional meals around a fire under the bright, star-studded sky. The lodge's excellent wine cellar is built into the rocks under the main deck and includes a hand-crafted knob thorn display table.
Facilities and services:
- Dining venues and bar
- Indoor lounge (TV)
- Shaded main deck (couches and bushveld views)
- Raised walkway from the main deck to a viewpoint overlooking waterhole)
- 3 Superior suites with private plunge pools and open-air showers
- 3 Standard rooms with en-suite bathroom
- Boardwalks leading to each suite lit by lanterns
- Outdoor boma
- Wine cellar
- Main Lodge swimming pool
- free WiFi
The early morning and evening safari drives at Billy's are conducted in the Balule Nature Reserve which forms part of the Greater Kruger Park. Fantastic photographic opportunities can be enjoyed during the safari drives as well as from the viewpoints at the lodge. Refreshing sundowners in the wilderness are experienced during the afternoon safari drives as the sun sets making for special moments.
- Early morning safari drive
- Late afternoon/evening safari
- Photographic opportunities during the safari
- Bird watching
- Sundowners in the bush during afternoon safari drive
- Boma dinners around the fire and under the stars
- Traditional South African Cooking over an open fire in the boma.
Daily safari itinerary (subject to change):
- 05h00 Wake up call
- 06h00 Depart for a safari drive
- 08h30-09h00 return to lodge after the safari drive and freshen up before breakfast
- 09h30-10h30 Breakfast on the deck or the shaded veranda
- 10h30-14h00 Leisure time (relax in the room, at the lodge, at the pool, or on the lookout deck)
- 14h00-15h00 Lunch is served
- 15h30 Afternoon tea served just before departing for a safari drive
- 16h00 Depart for afternoon safari drive (stop for sundowners and short night drive)
- 19h30-20h00 Return to the lodge, refresh or have a drink at the bar)
- 20h00 Dinner.
Ezulwini Billys Lodge Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Pay for 3 nights and stay for 4 nights. If you book 3 nights, you will get a 4th night free. Guests can elect to spend all 4 nights at either of Ezulwini Billys Lodge or Ezulwini River Lodge, or spend 2 nights in each lodge with a complimentary road transfer between the lodges.
Special offer is subject to the below conditions:
Valid for travel from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2019, except August 2019 and 15 Dec 2019 to 7 Jan 2020
Soft & alcoholic drinks are not included when booking the special offer
Included in the rate:
- Accommodation, full breakfast, light lunch, and a three-course dinner, teas & coffees, morning and afternoon/ evening game drives, wireless internet.
- *** Soft & alcoholic drinks are NOT included on the special
Excluded from the rate:
- Airport and other transfers, Soft & alcoholic drinks, Premium international drinks, curio shop, Balule Nature Reserve Entrance Fee of R70 per vehicle and R170 per person, staff gratuities, all items of a personal nature, any item not described above.
- **** Drinks are NOT included on the special
Terms and Conditions:
- Subject to availability
- Pay for 3 nights and stay for 4 nights. If you book 3 nights, you will get a 4th night free. Guests can elect to spend all 4 nights at either of Ezulwini Billys Lodge or Ezulwini River Lodge, or spend 2 nights in each lodge with a complimentary road transfer between the lodges.
- Special offer is subject to the below conditions: • Valid for travel from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2019, except August 2019 and 15 Dec 2019 to 7 Jan 2020
- Soft & alcoholic drinks are not included when booking the special offer
- A single supplement of 25% applies on the special offer
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.