Ezulwini River Lodge Reviews & Information« Return to Kruger National Park
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Ezulwini River Lodge.
The River Lodge forms part of the Balule Reserve and the Kruger Park. Located only about 31 km away from the Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport in South Africa's Limpopo Province, this lodge is easily accessible by road and flights. River Lodge shares a border with Southern Africa's largest game reserve offer travellers fantastic wildlife encounters during the safari drives along with the Olifants River as well as from the lodge itself.
The River Lodge at Ezulwini features Standard Chalets as well as Superior Suites. Featuring stylish decor and inspired by its natural surroundings, the rooms feature convenient amenities and features such as en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning, tea and coffee making facilities.
- Standard Chalets
- Superior Luxury Suites.
The four Standard rooms are thatched rondavels offering bedside tables and bathrooms which baths and showers. The four Luxury Suites feature a beautiful wooden deck with plunge pools from where views of the river can be admired. The chic interiors make for a welcoming ambience with lounge, coffee table, and en-suite bathrooms complete with bathtubs, as well as indoor and outdoor showers.
- En-suite bathrooms (bath and shower)
- Air conditioning or fans
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Minibars in the Luxury Suites
- Twin or double beds
- Mosquito nets.
Facilities and Services
The central area of Bale's River Lodge is set around a beautiful and welcoming outdoor guest area which features the outdoor swimming pool, the famous shaded bar, the outdoor lounge as well as the indoor dining area.
Facilities and Services:
- Dining venues
- Shaded bar
- Boma for outdoor dining by the fireplace
- Swimming pool
- Outdoor lounge
- The wooden walkway leading to a viewing deck
- Viewing deck built around a tree overlooking the riverbed a
- Viewing tower
- WiFi / Internet
- 4 Superior Suites (private plunge pools, outdoor showers)
- 4 Standard Rooms (en-suite bathrooms).
Guests have the opportunity to participate twice a day on the thrilling safari drives, early in the mornings or late in the afternoons. The Balule Nature Reserve is home to the 'Big Five', namely lions, leopards, rhinos, buffaloes and elephants and many other animals such as hippos, crocodiles, zebras, giraffes and antelope, to name but a few.
Wildlife roams unhindered between the Greater Kruger Park and the reserve as there are no fences or other boundaries separating these. Enthusiastic bird watchers have a great chance to observe most of the local bird species here.
- Early morning safari drive
- Late afternoon/evening safari drive
- Bird watching
- Photographic opportunities.
Safari itinerary (subject to change):
- 05h00 Wake up, coffee and rusks are served
- 06h00 Depart for early morning safari drive
- 08h30-09h00 return to lodge after morning safari drive
- 09h30-10h30 Breakfast enjoyed on the deck
- 10h30-14h00 Leisure time (relax, pool, look out deck)
- 14h00-15h00 Lunch
- 15h30 Afternoon tea before departing for the safari drive
- 16h00 Afternoon safari drive, stop for sundowners and enjoy a short night ride before getting back to lodge
- 19h30-20h00 Refreshing and enjoy dinner.
Ezulwini River Lodge Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Pay for 3 nights and stay for 4 nights. If you book 3 nights, you will get a 4th night free. Guests can elect to spend all 4 nights at either of Ezulwini Billys Lodge or Ezulwini River Lodge, or spend 2 nights in each lodge with a complimentary road transfer between the lodges.
Special offer is subject to the below conditions:
Valid for travel from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2019, except August 2019 and 15 Dec 2019 to 7 Jan 2020
Soft & alcoholic drinks are not included when booking the special offer
Included in the rate:
- Accommodation, full breakfast, light lunch, and a three-course dinner, teas & coffees, morning and afternoon/ evening game drives, wireless internet.
- *** Soft & alcoholic drinks are NOT included on the special
Excluded from the rate:
- Airport and other transfers, Soft & alcoholic drinks, Premium international drinks, curio shop, Balule Nature Reserve Entrance Fee of R70 per vehicle and R170 per person, staff gratuities, all items of a personal nature, any item not described above.
- **** Drinks are NOT included on the special
Terms and Conditions:
- Subject to availability
- Pay for 3 nights and stay for 4 nights. If you book 3 nights, you will get a 4th night free. Guests can elect to spend all 4 nights at either of Ezulwini Billys Lodge or Ezulwini River Lodge, or spend 2 nights in each lodge with a complimentary road transfer between the lodges.
- Special offer is subject to the below conditions: • Valid for travel from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2019, except August 2019 and 15 Dec 2019 to 7 Jan 2020
- Soft & alcoholic drinks are not included when booking the special offer
- A single supplement of 25% applies on the special offer
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.