Geigers Camp Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Geigers Camp.
Geiger's Camp is suitable for families and small groups of up to six guests travelling together. This unique safari which is built from rock and stone comprises of only four chalets each of which offers its private deck overlooking the bush. Tastefully styled and beautifully decorated, the rooms offer a luxurious mix of furniture and decor. The lodge has an outdoor pool.
The camp is within the game-rich Timbavati reserve featuring four rooms with separate verandahs facing the bushveld. This elegant safari camp in the Greater Kruger Park area of South Africa offers style and privacy whereby guests can enjoy the bushveld calmness and unforgettable wildlife encounters. Forming part of the Timbavati and Umbabat Private Nature Reserve, this hideaway is perched on a ridge from where magnificent vistas of the Nhlaralumi River and surrounding bushveld can be admired. Originally used as a traditional family house, the Geiger’s Camp at Motswari stills keeps its warm environment.
Dining at the Geiger lodge is a beautiful African experience, a unique combination of rustic safari style with a hint of fine dining flair. Meals may be enjoyed at a scenic location in the untamed wilderness with one of the guides or in the camp's lounge area. Depending on the season and weather, the evenings may be spent dining in the bush or at the open-air boma, which is a traditional meeting place. Meals are accompanied by award-winning wines of the lodge's Southern African wines selection.
Below detailed information about the Geigers Camp is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- # Rooms:
This safari camp is suitable for families and small groups of up to six guests travelling together. This unique safari which is built from rock and stone, comprises of only four chalets each of which offers its own private deck overlooking the bush. Tastefully styled and beautifully decorated, the rooms offer a luxurious mix of furniture and decor.
Private Camp: Stay 3 Save 10%
Private Camp: Stay 4 Save 20%
Geigers Camp Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Stay at Geigers Camp for 4 nights or longer and receive complimentary return transfers between the lodge and Hodespruit!
Included in the rate:
- Complimentary return transfers between the lodge and Hoedspruit
- All meals
- Local beers, house wines and soft drinks
- 2 Game drives daily,
- Guided safari walks with refreshments
- Conservation Levy
Excluded from the rate:
- Items of a personal nature
Terms and Conditions:
- Subject to availability
- Valid 1 December 2018 - 31 March 2019 & 1 December 2019 to 31 March 2020
- Valid for a 4 or longer night stay only
- Standard Newmark terms and conditions apply
- Special must be requested at the time of booking or enquiry
- Not applicable to group bookings, existing reservations or in conjunction with other special offers
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
Directions to the Motswari Game Lodge from Johannesburg:
1. From Johannesburg travel east on the N12 which leads past Benoni, eMahlaleni (Witbank) and Middelburg
2. Follow the signs and turnoff at eMakhazeni (Belfast)
3. Turn right on R540 road through eMnotweni (Dullstroom), following signs onwards through Mashishing (Lydenburg) and Ohrigstad
4. Proceed on the R36 over the Abel Erasmus Pass to Marulaneng(Hoedspruit) (signs read Tzaneen en route)
5. You will enter Marulaneng (Hoedspruit) on the R527
6. In Marulaneng (Hoedspruit) proceed through the 4-way stop and go over the small bridge. At the intersection turn right onto the R40 towards White River
7. Continue for 7km and then turn left at the Eastgate Airport sign onto the Timbavati Road (Your mobile phone is unlikely to have a signal from here!)
8. 1km after passing Ingwelala on your right (large thatched entrance) look out for the Motswari sign. Turn right and follow the Motswari signs for the remaining 4km.
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.