Motswari Lodge Timbavati Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Motswari Lodge Timbavati.
Motswari Game Lodge is adjacent to the game rich Kruger Park, South Africa. The Motswari Private Game Reserve in the Timbavati Nature Reserve is a family-owned luxury safari lodge prides itself on its warm atmosphere and luxurious accommodation.
The name Motswari means "to conserve and protect" in Tswana, and the owners of Motswari have held the name to be a promise to each of their future friends who arrive to share in the African sunset. The 150 square kilometres which make up the Game Reserve are part of the greater Kruger Park, and guests are treated to wildlife encounters in their natural habitats in the course of their unforgettable experience of Southern Africa.
This Lodge is exclusive in that there are never more than 30 guests present at any one time, providing a more serene environment for the visitor's African experience. With 15 luxury-appointed en-suite bungalows, each with air-conditioning, and all offering unique bush views, guests enjoy a high level of comfort which complements service excellence. The naturally-furnished interiors of each bungalow reflect the wonders of nature that exist just outside the windows.
This Game Lodge in the Timbavati Game Reserve accommodates 30 visitors in 15 luxury en-suite chalets. Inter-leading rooms are also available on request. The Indaba Conference Room, which offers free WiFi internet service, seats 20 conference delegates.
Featuring four luxury chalets, the exclusive Geiger’s Camp is the ultimate in luxury and privacy which is ideal for small groups and individual guests. Set within the boundaries of the Motswari Private Game Reserve, the Geiger’s Camp offers a luxurious safari experience not to be forgotten.
Giraffe's Nest - hide out
Please note that when booking the Giraffe's Nest Sleep-Out, guests still keep their suite in the main lodge for that night, in the event of inclement weather. Giraffe's Nest can not be booked on its own, only added on to their existing booking at the main camp.
- Game Lodge
- Geiger's Camp
- Giraffe's Nest (sleep-out hide).
There are no spas or gyms. Instead, the serenity and relaxation come from exploring the intricacies of the living ecosystem that surrounds guests and the exercise which comes from walking the untamed trails that abound in the pristine environment you will find yourself in.
Activities and Facilities
- Thrilling morning and evening game drives in open Land Rovers with professional field guides and trackers
- Mid morning bush walks
- Exciting walking safaris instead of morning game drives guided by armed field guides
- Hide sleep-outs in the Game Reserve: Giraffe's Nest
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Unforgettable bush dinners
- Pre-lunch safari interest talks
- Curio shop (Motswari Game Lodge)
- Brunch, high tea (late lunch) and dinner
- Library and art gallery with 24-hour internet facility (Motswari Game Lodge)
- An additional vehicle plus guide can be arranged for an extra cost per day and covers two game drives per day
- Au-pair services can be provided
- Fully equipped air-conditioned conference room for 20 delegates at Motswari Game Lodge.
Meals are enjoyed either at a scenic location out on the trail with one of our highly-trained guides or in our lounge and, depending on the season, evenings can be spent dining in the bush or inside the Boma, a traditional meeting-place. Meals are accompanied by an award-winning selection of Southern African wines.
Wildlife & Safaris
In this untouched wildlife preserve, guests can enjoy and experience the once in a lifetime trip. The Reserve is home to all of Africa's ' Big Five' animals as well as a whole range of other smaller species. The tour guides who operate all of the excursions and activities, tend to be residents of the area meaning that guests will be given the most accurate, intimate knowledge of the location and wildlife living in the bush.
Guests also have the opportunity to take part in extended Game Drives which can last for up to 3 and a half hours at either sunrise or sunset. The Lodge give guests the chance to experience a guided walking safari with one of the highly experienced and armed trail-guides. The lodge's knowledgeable staff members give talks on wildlife and bushveld topics and will gladly answer any related questions for the guests.
As well as hosting the "Big Five", the Reserve homes several other species of wildlife, including cheetah and wild dogs and naturally occurring herbivores from the antelope and gazelle family. There are a variety of nocturnal animals which make our sunset drives completely different from their daytime equivalent which includes, but are not limited to, hyena, honey badger, civet, the bush-baby and owls. The avian population is unrivalled for the avid birdwatcher, with well over 350 different species to be spotted year-round. Taken all together this is an unmatched chance to view the splendour of all manner of creatures unique to the continent.
Child Policy at Geiger's Camp
- Children under the age of 6 cannot be accommodated at Geiger's Camp
- Children between the ages of 6 and 16 are only allowed when taking the camp exclusively.
- Children should be six years & older for game drives at the discretion of the guide
- 12 age & older for bush walks
- 18 years for Overnight Safari Walk Experience
- Au-pair services can be provided upon request
Below detailed information about the Motswari Lodge Timbavati is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
Dining at Motswari
Meals at Motswari are enjoyed either at a scenic location out in the bush, in the lounge or inside the Boma. Dining is accompanied by an award-winning selection of Southern African wines.
Game Drives or Walking Safaris
All of the big five are abundant in the area due to Motswari's open plan layout into the Kruger National Park. The lodge offers extended game drives of three-and-a-half hours each in open Land Rovers at sunrise and sunset. Guided walking safaris are also on offer for those who wish to get the most from their African experience. The knowledgeable staff members also give talks on wildlife and bushveld topics.
Motswari believes strongly that art and nature and natural artefacts are used in the construction of the lodge and wood, bone and stone artwork is evident throughout. The art gallery sells examples of such artwork and a local sculptor practices his art and sells sculpture inside the reserve. Visiting artists are encouraged to contribute to the sculpture garden.
Motswari offers a fully-equipped conferencing facility that can be configured according to each groups needs. Executives can also make use of the lodge for team-building, product launches and corporate getaways. There is also an internet hotspot at the lodge.
- Conference venue
- Curio Shop
- Swimming Pool
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Game drive safaris
- Housekeeping service
- Internet connection
- Wake-up call
- Walking safaris
- Children aged six & Younger are not be permitted to Geiger's Camp.
- Children between the ages of 6 and 16 are only allowed when taking the camp exclusively.
- Children should be six years & older for game drives at the discretion of the guide, 12 age & older for bush walks and 18 years for Overnight Safari Walk Experience.
- Au-pair services can be provided when advised at the time of reservation.
This Lodge has incorporated responsible tourism as a key philosophy of providing employment and opportunities for locals.
The employees at Motswari are much more than simply workers, and everyone is treated as a member of the family. The lodge is also proudly dedicated to the preservation of all forms of flora and fauna
Motswari Main Camp
- # Rooms:
Motswari never has more than 30 guests present at any one time, providing a more serene and private environment. 15 air-conditioned, luxury-appointed en-suite bungalows offer unrivaled bush views. The naturally-furnished interiors of each bungalow reflect the wonders of nature that exist just outside the windows.
- # Rooms:
The exclusive Geiger’s Camp at the Motswari Private Game Reserve reflects true African style, beauty, and comfort. It is here at the Geiger's Camp where guests find tranquility as this camp lies a few kilometers away from the main game lodge.
The Geiger’s Camp offers a single group of guests a beautiful African safari style accommodation option where a breath-taking experience with nature combined with the modern luxuries can be enjoyed. The Geiger's Lodge consists of two stone houses which are home to five spacious en-suite bedrooms.
An outdoor swimming pool, as well as a communal lounge area, can also be found here. The views of the nearby Nhlaralumi River are fantastic and the wrap-around patio offers a great place from where to enjoy cooling refreshments. The professional game ranger accompanies guests on the two thrilling game drives each day in the own luxury, Land Rover.
Motswari Lodge Timbavati Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Enjoy a luxurious 4 night or more stay at the Motswari Private Game Reserve in Timbavati, Greater Kruger National Park, for travel 1 May - 30 September 2017 or 1 December 2017 - 31 March 2018 as well as 1 May - 30 September 2018 or 1 December 2018 - 31 March 2019 and receive complimentary return transfers between Hoedspruit and the lodge.
Included in the rate:
- All meals, local beers, house wines and soft drinks, 2 Game drives daily, Guided safari walks with refreshments
- Conservation Levy
Excluded from the rate:
- Transfers to/from local airports/other lodges, Vehicle toll fee for self-drives, Telephone calls, bar, laundry and curio purchases, Timbavati Gate fees
- Surcharge for the overnight walking safaris / Giraffe’s Nest
- Champagne, cellar wines, premium spirits, bottled water and energy drinks
Terms and Conditions:
- Only valid for a stay of 4 nights or longer
- Subject to availability
- 1 May - 30 September 2018 and 1 December 2018 - 31 March 2019 and 01 Dec 2019 to 31 Mar 2020
- This cannot be combined with any other special offers / promotions
- Applies to new reservations only
- Not valid for groups
- Valid for Main Lodge and Geigers Camp
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
Directions to the Motswari Game Lodge from Johannesburg:
1. From Johannesburg travel east on the N12 which leads past Benoni, eMahlaleni (Witbank) and Middelburg
2. Follow the signs and turnoff at eMakhazeni (Belfast)
3. Turn right on R540 road through eMnotweni (Dullstroom), following signs onwards through Mashishing (Lydenburg) and Ohrigstad
4. Proceed on the R36 over the Abel Erasmus Pass to Marulaneng(Hoedspruit) (signs read Tzaneen en route)
5. You will enter Marulaneng (Hoedspruit) on the R527
6. In Marulaneng (Hoedspruit) proceed through the 4-way stop and go over the small bridge. At the intersection turn right onto the R40 towards White River
7. Continue for 7km and then turn left at the Eastgate Airport sign onto the Timbavati Road (Your mobile phone is unlikely to have a signal from here!)
8. 1km after passing Ingwelala on your right (large thatched entrance) look out for the Motswari sign. Turn right and follow the Motswari signs for the remaining 4km.
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.