Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp lies on the edge of the Okavango Delta in an 8000-hectare wildlife concession bordering the Moremi Game Reserve in Botswana.
This unique Okavango Tented Camp is ideally positioned to explore the magnificence of the Okavango Delta in Botswana, which is the largest inland delta in the world.
Botswana's Okavango Delta is home to a large variety of wildlife and birdlife due to its unique landscape, which is characterised by a wetland wilderness with water channels, islands forested with palms and extensive grassy floodplains.
andBeyond Nxabega visitors who are staying here can experience the unique combination of water and wildlife on thrilling safari drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles. One safari drive takes place in the early morning while the other one is in the late afternoon. Traditional dugout canoe safaris as well as and powerboat excursions are also available for guests.
The elegant safari accommodation at this Camp in Botswana consists of nine luxurious tented suites, which are under a canopy of African ebony trees. Each suite at Nxabega features a stylish en-suite bathroom and private veranda overlooking the needed floodplain.
An intimate camp, which can accommodate a maximum of 18 guests. The lodge consists of private living and dining areas, made from local timber and thatch overlooking the floodplain. Guests may enjoy wonderful bush picnics in beautiful settings, breakfast in bed, lamplit cocktails on a river island, or a walking safari with a tasty picnic. Travellers have the opportunity to discover the magic of the Okavango Delta in Botswana on interpretive safari drives, guided walking safaris, and canoe as well as boat excursions.
The Camp is in the 8 000 exclusive wildlife concession near the wildlife-rich Moremi Game Reserve in the Okavango Delta and, therefore, provides guests with a broad range of wildlife.
- Twice-daily safari drives accompanied by experienced trackers: early morning safari drive, late afternoon/evening safari drive and night safari
- Tranquil mokoro (dugout canoe) and boat excursions through the channels of the Okavango Delta
- Birdwatching: Nxabega offers abundant bird-watching opportunities with 349 recorded species ( African jacana, malachite kingfisher, open-billed stork, Pel's fishing owl)
- Fishing: with many fish species including the fine-toothed squeaker and African pike, fishing from Nxabega's powerboat is an enjoyable excursion.
Features of the tented suites:
- Nine classic safari tents on raised wooden platforms
- En-suite bathroom with shower and flush w.c
- Private wildlife-viewing decks provide scenic views.
- Nine classically elegant safari tents make up the Camp
- Beautifully set on a private wildlife concession
- Abundant African wildlife live in this region of Botswana
- Day and night safaris, as well as bush walks, are offered to guests
- Mokoro (dugout canoe) and powerboat cruises are available
- Excellent bird watching opportunities
- Unique Okavango Delta wilderness and ecosystem.
- Swimming pool with expansive deck
- Gift shop and interpretive centre
- Alfresco dining and fireside facilities.