Porini Amboseli Camp Reviews & Information« Return to Amboseli National Park
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Porini Amboseli Camp.
The Porini Amboseli Camp is situated within the Selenkay Conservancy in the heart of the Maasailand of Kenya, East Africa. The Porini Amboseli safari camp offers an exclusive wildlife experience whereby guest are accommodated in well appointed and comfortable Safari Tents.
With only ten Safari Tents, the Porini Amboseli Safari Camp is small and quaint offering privacy and exclusivity during a stay. It features the feel and charm of the traditional African mobile camp of days gone by. Tastefully furnished and complete with solar-powered electric lighting, the tents offer en suite bathrooms. The bathrooms in the tents provide showers, wash basins and flush toilets.
The private conservation region guarantees guests the best possible wildlife viewing in off-road safari vehicles. Safari enthusiasts enjoy safari drives off the beaten track and away from other travellers.
- Day Safari drives in the Selenkay Conservancy and Amboseli National Park
- Night safari drives in the Selenkay Conservancy
- Escorted walk with Maasai warriors and visit an authentic Maasai village
- Walking safaris
Road transfers from Nairobi to the Selenkay Conservancy can be booked as well as return flights from Nairobi to the Amboseli airstrip. Between the dates 1 July to 31 October as well as between 20 December to 31 March every year, guests enjoy daily flights between Nairobi and the Selenkay Conservancy.
Suggested Itinerary for 3 days / 2 nights
A stay at the Porini Amboseli Safari Camp can be combined with one or more of the other Porini Camps.
Transfer from Nairobi at 9 am and drive to Porini Amboseli Camp (a 5-hour journey of 128 miles), arriving at camp before lunch. Travellers may also fly to the camp. Following afternoon tea, guests are escorted on a walk by Maasai warriors to a village to get an insight into their fascinating culture and way of life.
After this unique experience guests enjoy a safari drive in the camp’s open-sided 4×4 safari vehicle through the conservancy. Included in the safari drive is a sundowner at a scenic spot overlooking Kilimanjaro, followed by a night safari drive to admire nocturnal animals which include caracals, aardvarks, bat-eared foxes, African wild cats, serval cats, and others. Guests return to the Porini Amboseli Camp for dinner and overnight.
One awakes to the noisy calls of the magnificent birds. After an early breakfast, guests are driven through the bushveld into the wildlife-rich Amboseli National Park to enjoy a full morning of wildlife viewing. Following a picnic lunch in the park, guests return to camp later in the afternoon. During the evening, sundowners are served on an observation platform overlooking a waterhole by the camp. This is where elephants come to quench their thirst. Travellers return to camp for dinner and overnight.
Take an early morning safari drive in the Conservancy followed by breakfast. Depart for Nairobi arriving around 1 pm. Flights are also an option for the departure.
Porini Amboseli Camp Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
4 night Equator Safari: 2 Nights Porini Amboseli Camp – 2 Nights Porini Rhino Camp (optional extra nights)
Pickup from Nairobi at 9am and transfer by safari minibus to Porini Amboseli Camp (a 5 hour journey of 128 miles), arriving at camp before lunch. (NB optional flight upgrade available at a supplement). Following afternoon tea, you will be escorted on a walk by Maasai warriors to a village to get an insight into their fascinating culture and way of life. Then take a game drive in the conservancy followed by a sundowner at a scenic spot overlooking Kilimanjaro. Night game drive and return to camp for dinner and overnight.
Awake to the noisy calls of the birds. After an early breakfast, we drive through the bush on our private track into Amboseli National Park, for a full morning of game viewing. Following a picnic lunch in the park, we return to camp later in the afternoon. In the evening you will go on a game drive in Selenkay Conservancy, stopping for a sundowner at a scenic viewpoint, followed by a night game drive to look for nocturnal animals such as aardvarks, serval cats, caracals, bat-eared foxes, African wild cats, and other species. Return to camp for dinner and overnight.
Early breakfast and then drive through Amboseli park to the airstrip for the 9am Safarilink flight to Wilson, connecting onto the 10.20h flight to Nanyuki (arriving at 11.30h). You will be met at the airstrip and transferred to Porini Rhino Camp, located in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, in the foothills of Mount Kenya. Lunch and afternoon tea in camp and then head off to look for rhino with your driver-guide in the camp’s 4×4 safari vehicle. Return to Porini Rhino Camp for dinner and overnight.
Full day in Ol Pejeta with game drives and walking activities from camp. Overnight Porini Rhino Camp.
Depart Porini Rhino Camp and transfer to the airstrip for the 12.25h flight back to Nairobi’s Wilson Airport (arrives 13.20h).
Rates per 4 night package per person:
- 03-Jan-19 - 31-Mar-19: $2550
- 01-Apr-19 - 15-Apr-19: $2225
- 16-Apr-19 - 31-May-19: CLOSED
- 01-Jun-19 - 30-Jun-19: $2350
- 01-Jul-19 - 30-Sep-19: $3390
- 01-Oct-19 - 31-Oct-19: $2550
- 01-Nov-19 - 19-Dec-19: $2225
Included in the rate:
- Pick up in Nairobi then shared road transfer to Amboseli, 2 nights in Porini Amboseli Camp with daily Selenkay Conservancy fees and one day Amboseli National Park entrance fee, Maasai village visit then afterwards check out and fly to Wilson Airport where you will connect to another schedule flight to Nanyuki Airstrip, met and transferred to Porini Rhino Camp for 2 nights with daily Ol Pejeta Conservancy fees and visit to Chimpanzee Sanctuary, both camps are based on full board basis including soft drinks, beer, house wine, gin & tonic, mineral water, return conservancy airstrip transfers, day & night shared game drives in open sided 4x4 safari vehicle with qualified guide, sundowners, walks with Maasai warriors, then last day fly back to Wilson Airport.
Excluded from the rate:
- All items of not mentioned to be included
- International flights
Terms and Conditions:
- Flight supplements: Schedule flight: For flying from Nairobi to Amboseli US$ 88 per adult one way & US$ 62 per child (02 – 11 years) one way.
- Charter flight: From 20th December 2018 to 31st March 2019 & from 01st July 2019 to 31st October 2019 we will offer daily charter flights with minimum 2 pax between Nairobi, Wilson Airport and Amboseli, Selenkay Airstrip which is very close to Porini Amboseli Camp & Selenkay Adventure Camp. The supplement will be the same as if using schedule flight as provided above. The charter flight is only 35 minutes departing Nairobi, Wilson Airport at 08h00 and arriving Amboseli, Selenkay Airstrip at 08h35. (Camp’s vehicle transfer to Porini Amboseli Camp or Selenkay Adventure Camp for free). The fare will be the same as if using schedule flight fare upto Selenkay Airstrip however if clients fly to or from Amboseli Airstrip within the dates specified above then there is a supplement of US$ 50 per person one way for pick up or drop off.
- Extra night rate: For every 2 or 3 night stay one visit into Amboseli National Park is included. Any extra visit into the park must pay US$ 60 per person per day on top of above rates. The extra night rates do not include Mara reserve fees.
- Priced in US$
- Valid until 19 December 2019; minimum 2 pax
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.