Pumba Private Game Reserve is the ultimate relaxation that can be enjoyed as one gazes out from the wooden deck, cool down in the secluded plunge pool or take a delightful evening shower surrounded by the bushveld under the stars.
The evening dinner is a fabulous African braai in a bush-boma under the bright stars provides an excellent close to an exciting day. The malaria-free reserve & Spa nestles in the heart of the Eastern Cape in South Africa only 105 km from Port Elizabeth and just 20 km from Grahamstown. The Game Reserve covers 6 500 hectares of unspoilt wilderness.
Discover the serenity of the African bushveld guests feel one with nature in the private glass-walled chalets, as you watch the South African sunset over the outlying mountains as the elephants visit their popular watering hole.
The reserve in eastern cape bushveld at the magical Msenge Bush lodge. Guests feel one with nature in the private glass-walled chalets, as you watch the South African sunset over the outlying mountains as the elephants visit their water hole. Facing the lake, this big-five reserve offers magnificent views. This Game Reserve provides the perfect balance between an ideal African safari and true 5-star luxury.
- A thatched restaurant, from where meals can are available in a variety of locations - dining room and, main deck.
- The lodge has a range of local and international drinks. All local beers, ciders, soft drinks and house wines are complimentary, and guests can browse through our vintage wine cellar
- Pumba Guest Lounge, with satellite TV
- Sheltered outdoor restaurant and lounge
- Pool and the sun deck
- Pumba Game Viewing deck
- Waterfront floating pier and sundeck
- Curio Shop, for locally produced crafts, artworks, and clothing. Also, has postcards and sunscreens.
- Guest Library
- Day Safari Center for day visitors
The Pumba wellness centre offers guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing treatment in luxurious and peaceful surroundings, with stunning views. Treatments offered:
- Two double treatment rooms for his-and-her therapies, if required
- Steam room
- Hydrotherapy bath
- Pumba Lodge Private pool
- Mini gym with treadmill, rowing, cycling and weight-training equipment
- The Pumba lodge is situated on Lake Kariega, offering stunning views of the lake from every cottage
- Malaria-free Big Five Game Viewing
- Day Safaris, including 3-hour safari drive, meals and drinks
- Designated Day Safari Arrivals Center, just off the national road, with ample secure parking
- Luxury wildlife-viewing vehicles with individual bucket seats and overhead canvas covers
- Blankets, scarves, and beanies are provided on safari drives, as well as light snacks, beverages, and binoculars
- Qualified game rangers
- Six thousand hectares of game reserve comprising valley bushveld, grassland, and mountains, as well as natural watering holes
- Big Five and 22 other species of game
- Over 292 species of birds
- Four natural biomes