Travel back in time to the birthplace of our ancestors in the dusty and dramatic northern parts of Kenya on the shores of Lake Turkana. Combine unbeatable wildlife encounters with first-hand fossil discoveries unearthing clues from our past generations.
The Safari Collection Kenya Fossil Hunting
5 Nights Nairobi, Lake Turkana
- Savings Season: from US$ 17,370 per person sharing ( rates are based on 2019)
- High Season: from US$ 17,800 per person sharing ( rates are based on 2019).
This extraordinary adventure begins at The Giraffe Manor in Nairobi, before heading north with the first stop being the beautiful Solio Lodge. From here guests travel by helicopter to Lake Turkana and the Turkana Basin Institute. After two nights at the Turkana Basin Institute, guests spend their final night at the Sasaab Camp in Kenya’s northern frontier.
The Turkana Basin Institute is operated by the Leakey family who have been unearthing clues from our past. This amazing journey is truly one of a kind, with the unique chance to spend time in this fascinating Institute. Wildlife, mountains, lakes, ancient forests, ancient people all in one of the world’s last real wildernesses make this fully guided trip through Kenya in East Africa an adventure never to be forgotten.
- Day 1: Giraffe Manor, Nairobi
- Day 2: Solio Lodge, Laikipia
- Day 3/4: Turkana Basin Institute, Lake Turkana
- Day 5: Sasaab, Samburu.
- Full board accommodation
- Private guide throughout the journey
- Helicopter from Nairobi to Solio Lodge, Solio Lodge to TBI-Turkwell, during your stay at TBI – Turkwell to visit various sites, and from TBI-Turkwell to Sasaab
- One scheduled flight from Sasaab to Nairobi, Wilson
- All transport between destinations and to/from activities incl. 4×4 safari vehicles
- Park and conservation fees
- Activities’ including safari drives, sundowners, bush picnics
- Horse riding and mountain biking at Solio Lodge, camel riding and walking at Sasaab
- Tukana Basin Institute donation fee.
- Travellers seeking a once in a lifetime, experience
- History enthusiasts, historians and archaeologists
- Nature lovers
- Adventure seekers
- Explorers of remote and unspoilt areas.