The Wild Ivory Eco Lodge is in the Western section of the reserve where an abundance of wildlife can be observed and this, in turn, attracts some predatory species and cats. This beautiful lodge is elevated providing guests with out of this world views of the reserve and the private waterhole.
Built using green products and has a small impact on the environment. Solar power is used throughout, and a nearby borehole is used for water. The lodge is in malaria free is Welgevonden Reserve. This exclusive bush lodge lies in the heart of the Biosphere Reserve of South Africa's Limpopo Province. The area is one of the best wildlife viewings in the country but remains one of the country's least congested areas. The reserve is home to the rhinoceros and cheetah.
The Lodge offers luxury tented accommodation with the lodge being able to accommodate a maximum of just ten guests. Each tent is elevated, providing spectacular views of the reserve. The accommodation offers large comfortable beds, balconies with loungers and en-suite bathrooms with baths and outdoor showers.
- Large viewing deck
- Swimming pool
- A sunken boma
As the Welgevonden Reserve is open for wildlife to roam free, there is no guarantee to see all species. However the rangers are knowledgeable of the animal movements, and the park offers some of the best viewings in South Africa.
Below detailed information about the Wild Ivory Eco Lodge is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- Outside Shower
Dining at the Wild Ivory Eco Lodge
The rates at the Wild Ivory Eco Lodge include three gourmet meals per day. Dinner is traditionally served around the fire in the form of a unique Poitjie or braai while a light lunch and lavish breakfast spread are also included in the rate.
The Wild Ivory Eco Lodge is in the "Big Five" Welgevonden Game Reserve, which can be found in the Waterberg region of South Africa's Limpopo Province. Open top 4×4 vehicles are used for the exciting game drives through this spectacular reserve. The game reserve of South Africa offers some of the best viewings in the country, and each trip offers a unique experience.
In addition to the big five, visitors can enjoy sightings of other animal and bird species including rhinoceros, cheetah, plains game and jackal.
The main lodge at Wild Ivory features a raised viewing deck with a swimming pool where guests can enjoy a cool dip or relax on the loungers overlooking the local waterhole.
- Curio Shop
- Hotel Bar
- Swimming Pool
- Viewing deck
An excellent day at the Wild Ivory Eco Lodge in the Welgevonden Game Reserve, South Africa, is generally as such however on occasion this can vary depending on game sightings or personal preference.
- 05h00: Wakeup call with a hot beverage
- 05h30: Morning Game Drive with coffee, tea, bottled water and snacks
- 09h00: Breakfast which is a choice of fruit, yoghurts, cereals, fruit juice, hot breakfast, coffee and tea
- 10h00: 14h00 – Relax time
- 14h00: Lunch is served with a selection of salads, cold meats, fresh rolls.
- 16h00: Afternoon Game Drive with bottled water and snacks
- 19h00: Return from the game drive and freshen up
- 19h30: Dinner is served which is usually a braai around the fire with two types of meat, vegetables and a starch
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Airport transfers
- Housekeeping service
- Laundry services
- Safari drives
- Wake-up call
The Wild Ivory Eco Lodge in the Welgevonden Game Reserve in South Africa's Limpopo Province was built with the environment in mind.
The lodge runs off solar power, and all paint and consumables used for the construction are eco-friendly. The Wild Ivory Eco Lodge also makes use of a 'green' sewerage system and has a nearby borehole for water.
- # Rooms:
The Wild Ivory Eco Lodge in the malaria free Welgevonden Game Reserve, South Africa, offers accommodation in luxury tents, and the entire lodge can accommodate a maximum of just ten guests offering an exclusive and personal safari experience.
These tents are elevated and offer guests uninterrupted views. Each tent features a large comfortable bed, a balcony with loungers and an en-suite bathroom with bath and outdoor shower.
Lodge Family Unit
Wild Ivory Eco Lodge Specials
There are currently no specials for the Wild Ivory Eco Lodge.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
Directions to the Welgevonden Game Reserve from Johannesburg via Vaalwater:
1. Take the N1 towards Pretoria and Polokwane, keep left as approaching Pretoria to stay on the N1 to Polokwane
2. Continue to third toll gate; Kranskop
3. As you approach, Kranskop keeps left and took the offramp to Modi molle
4. Drive through Modi molle and continue straight to Vaalwater
5. Continue straight through Vaalwater and onto bulge river and Thabazimbi R510
6. The main gate to the Welgevonden Reserve is about 25 kilometers and the Westgate a further 39 kilometers
7. Continue past West Gate and turn left at Schoongelegen sign. Continue 17kms on the sand road.
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.