Berg-en-Dal Rest Camp - Kruger National Park Reviews & Information« Return to Kruger National Park
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Berg-en-Dal Rest Camp - Kruger National Park.
The traditional camp, which is run by SAN Parks in South Africa, nestles on the bank of the Matjulu river providing a view of rolling hills to the east. Located only 12 kilometres away from the Malelane Gate in the Southern Kruger Park of Mpumalanga, a lake and dry riverbeds border the rest camp on the northern and southern sides. Magnificent trees provide ample shade along the dry riverbed and streams.
The Berg-en-Dal Camp is only one in Kruger set in a mountainous setting making it a unique safari destination. Considerable care has been taken to protect the original plants within the lodge. Day visitors are welcome at the rest camp which offers a chosen day visitor area for day guests as well as guests from other camps to braai and picnic.
The Berg-en-Dal lodge is near the Malelane Gate offers travellers various housing options to meet the different requirements and budgets of visitors. The Bungalows, Family Cottages as well as the Guest Houses provide space and comfort for guests during their safari getaway.
- Family Cottages
- Guest Houses
- Three single beds
- Air conditioning
- Kitchenettes with hotplates
- En-suite bathrooms with showers.
- Double bed
- Two single beds
- Two bunk beds which are located in the lounge area
- Separate showers, toilets, and baths
- Well-equipped kitchens with microwave oven
- Fully air-conditioned
- Limited channel televisions.
The J Le Roux Guest House accommodated six guests in three bedrooms (1 double bed, two rooms with single beds). The spacious Rhino Guest House at the lodge sleeps eight guests in four bedrooms (2 double beds, two rooms with two single beds).
- Guided bush walks
- Safari drives accompanied by professional guides
- Bush breakfast and bush braai (barbeque) including safari drive
- Bushman and Wolhuter Wilderness Trails (pre-booked overnight activities)
- Kids educational program (seasonal)
- Rhino Perimeter Trail camp walk - with Braille facilities
- Eco-display in reception
- Through a prior arrangement with the camp, catered traditional dances can be arranged
- Wildlife films.
Facilities and Services
- Swimming pool (for overnight residents only)
- Information at reception
- Public telephone and post box
- Restaurant, cafeteria, and shop
- Internet Cafe
- Petrol station
- Communal kitchens
- Communal ablutions
- Braai facilities
- Basic first aid assistance
- Auditorium and Conference facilities
- Day visitor picnic area in camp
- Cellphone reception.
Internet and cell phone reception
Internet access is available in the camp reception area where guests are welcome to make use of their personal computer. There is not a WiFi facility available at present. However, visitors may connect laptops to the internet café network via LAN. The cell phone tower is 3G capable and covers the whole of the camp with a booster in the conference venue which strengthens the signal.
Gate and Camp opening and closing times
Please note that all visitors and overnight guests are to reach their lodge until the specific end times. People travelling to the Kruger National Park are only allowed to enter during its opening hours, after that and before no access is granted. This information is vital as travellers have to reach their camps before the closure and need to check the required travel time from the gate to the relevant camp.
Entrance Gates open:
- October to March at 5h30am
- April to September at 6h00am
Camp Gates open:
- October at 5h30 am
- November to January at 4h30am
- February and March at 5h30am
- April to September at 6h00am
All Gates close:
- January and February at 6h30pm
- March and April at 6h00 pm
- May to July at 5h30pm
- August to October 6h00pm.
Berg-en-Dal Rest Camp - Kruger National Park Specials
There are currently no specials for the Berg-en-Dal Rest Camp - Kruger National Park.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.