Biyela Lodge Reviews & Information« Return to Zululand & St Lucia Wetland
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Biyela Lodge.
A visit to the Biyela Lodge, Kwazulu-Natal, situated overlooking the breathtaking vista of the White iMfolozi River in the Umfolozi Game Reserve is going to ensure you will want to return! Staying in a luxurious suite, overlooking the impressive cliff views which vultures use at the break of day to launch to the skies. From your deck, you have the opportunity of spotting the Big five and wild dogs lazing on the banks of the river along with a multitude of African animals using this as their drinking station.
- 12x 1-bedroom Private Villas with private pool, indoor and outdoor showers
- 2x 2-bedroom Family Villas with private pool, indoor & outdoor showers
- Large pool at Main Lodge
- Mobile coverage throughout the Main Lodge and Villas
- Complimentary WiFi access throughout the Main Lodge and Villas
- Each Villa has an air-conditioning unit
- Solar powered with batteries and a back-up generator
- Families with children are encouraged to stay in the Family Villas for comfort
- Children 10 years and older are welcome.
On the right of the viewing deck is another range of cliffs which are known as the entrance to the valley where Mzilikazi, one of King Shaka’s most rebellious commanders, and his clan stayed tucked away from the wrath of the King.
Biyela Lodge has twelve one-bedroom ensuite private villas, two family villas, each villa with its pool, with indoor and outdoor showers. A central dining room will cater for you offering an array of local and international choice of dishes. Wifi and USB sockets are available throughout the lodge using a solar powered electricity supply.
With the opportunity of a morning and mid-afternoon safari drives you will be assisted in viewing an array of species that make this reserve their residence. Witnessing the early morning sunrise, a memory to capture forever, added to this, the chance of following a coalition of lions ready for the hunt.
The twilight safari traditionally has a sundowner drink stop to enhance the beauty of the surrounds as you watch the vista of colours change the look of the veld in front of your eyes. Proceeding from this, a night-drive with a vehicle equipped to give you a magical glimpse of the secret night rituals of those creatures who live in a world rarely seen.
The roar of the lion and the wallowing of the hippos can be heard from your comfortable, luxurious suite.
Biyela Lodge Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Opening special for Biyela Lodge. Stay 3 nights and only pay for 2.
Included in the rate:
- Inclusive of all meals, two game drives per day, option of guided walk, selected local beverages and 14% VAT.
Excluded from the rate:
- Excludes premium branded beverages, telephone, transfers, laundry, spa and curio shop purchases, and any additional expenses are for settlement on departure.
Terms and Conditions:
- Valid 1 September 2018 to 30 April 2020
- Subject to availability
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.