Cheetah Plains Private Game Reserve Reviews & Information« Return to Kruger National Park
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Cheetah Plains Private Game Reserve.
The Cheetah Plains Private Game Reserve in Sabi Sands, Kruger National Park of South Africa, features three exclusive-use, luxurious bushveld houses.
The villas at Cheetah Plains consist of the main house and private guest suites accommodating guests in luxury, privacy and comfort. Complete with two lounges, beautiful dining areas, an outdoor boma for unforgettable dinners under the star-studded African sky, wine cellars and the outdoor heated swimming pools, these villas ensure a most memorable stay.
Guests enjoy the added luxury of a private wildlife viewing vehicle as well as a designated field guide for the duration of their stay. The houses have been named after Sabi Sand's legendary leopards and lions which are Mvula and Mapogo.
Unrivalled wildlife viewing adventures combined with the ultimate in luxury living, these retreats promise exceptional safaris for families and friends who seek tranquillity, privacy and ultimate luxury.
Exclusive-Use Luxurious Bushveld Homes:
- Mapogo House
- Mvula House
- Karula House.
Each of these spacious villas accommodates a minimum of 4 guests and a maximum of 8. The interlinking suite at Karula is disabled- friendly.
- Two lounges (a formal lounge & an entertainment lounge)
- Dining area
- Outdoor boma for fire-side dining
- Temperature controlled wine cellar
- Outdoor, heated swimming pool
- Day-bed and private deck area
- Indigenous gardens and spectacular views into the surrounding natural bushveld
- Private wildlife viewing vehicle as well as designated professional field guide & tracker
- Private chef and butler.
Private Suite features
Especially for families with young children, two of the suites interlink for parents to be close by, but not in the same bedroom.
- King-bedded bedroom
- Private minibar and coffee station
- Private deck with day-bed
- Dressing room
- Double rain shower
- Bath overlooking the bushveld
- Accommodates a maximum of 2 guests per suite.
Inclusions in the safari package (subject to change)
- All meals are prepared at the house by a private chef
- Twice-daily safari drives in your private wildlife-viewing vehicle with your on-site field guide
- Safari drives include a sunrise/sunset stop & stargazing
- A selection of vintage South African wines, Cap Classiques, premium spirits, beers, non-alcoholic beverages, tea, coffee, still & sparkling water
- In House Spa Therapist
- Use of onsite Gym
- Outdoor, fireside dining as often as possible
- Transfers between Arathusa airstrip and Cheetah Plains are included when flying with FedAir / Airlink / Private Charter.
- Johannesburg approximately 6 hours ( 500km )
- Hoedspruit nearly 1 and a half hours ( 160 km )
- Nelspruit about 3 hours ( 250km ).
Please note that the drive to the Reserve includes gravel road, the condition of which depends on the season and when last it was graded by the local municipality. All guests are requested to please contact the Lodge direct when passing Acornhoek or Hlukuvani to advise of arrival time.
Daily flights can be booked on SA Airline, Federal Air, and General Air. The airports are situated within close driving distance to the Cheetah Plains Lodge, is approximately a 20-minute drive, Hoedspruit a 1.5-hour drive and the Kruger Mpumalanga Airport (KMIA) a 2.5-hour drive. The road transfers: Hoedspruit Airport or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) to the lodge can be booked.
Cheetah Plains Private Game Reserve Specials
There are currently no specials for the Cheetah Plains Private Game Reserve.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.