Gondwana Game Reserve Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Gondwana Game Reserve.
The Gondwana game reserve is the only Fynbos reserve in the world. Guests were staying here enjoy convenient leisure facilities and nearby attractions such as championship golf courses, excellent swimming and surfing beaches as attractive coastal towns await nearby.
The reverse is in the heart of the famous Garden Route in South Africa. Offering ravines, deep scenic valleys, rolling hills and open plains, the malaria-free game reserve is excellent for guided walking safaris and safari drives.
The Lodge features welcoming and comfortable private suites which overlook two waterholes across the valley and the mountains. Each of the spacious open plan suites nestles in a beautiful surrounding where 180-degree views, clay pot fireplaces, as well as deep baths, await.
Kwena Main Lodge room features:
- Twin or king size beds
- Wood fireplace
- Tea Station
- Size: approximately 60m2
- 14 open plan suites with beds centred under the skylight with private dressing area behind
- Spacious bathroom open to the bedroom with a deep bath, walk-in shower and double sinks.
The reserve is also home to Bush Villas, which are suitable for larger groups and families. These self-contained villas provide a fully-equipped kitchen as well as a built-in-braai making it ideal for travellers who prefer to self-cater.
The lodge features a modern open-plan bar and lounge, with meals served in an elegant dining room set around two open fireplaces or in the outdoor boma. During their stay, guests enjoy bush breakfasts, romantic picnics, barbeques in the evenings and spectacular sundowners. The Lehele Lodge provides indoor and outdoor dining facilities.
The Reserve near Mossel Bay offers a functions venue and boutique conference centre at the Lehele Lodge. For smaller, more private meetings the ten private bush villas on the reserve can be used.
Health and Beauty Spa
The Spa at the Gondwana Game Reserve offers an excellent spa treatment menu whereby they use exclusive and all natural Africology products. The treatment room at this safari lodge is completely private and well positioned so that guests can take in the scenic surroundings. The treatments can be enjoyed either in the treatment room or open air.
- Safari drives
- Bush Boma
- Mountain biking
- Guided nature trails and Fynbos walks
- Bird watching
- Junior Ranger program
- Helicopter flights
- Shark cage diving
Below detailed information about the Gondwana Game Reserve is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Ceiling Fan
- In-room safe
- Indoor Outdoor Showers
- Internet Access
- Mini bar
- Mosquito net
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Viewing Deck
Dine & Wine at Kwena Main Lodge
The Kwena Main Lodge at the beautiful Gondwana Game Reserve in South Africa features a chic open-plan lounge and bar, with delicious cuisine and beverage services offered in an elegant dining room set around two open fireplaces or in the outdoor boma.
Guests staying at the Gondwana Game Reserve are treated to surprise bush breakfasts, romantic picnics, evening barbeques and scenic sundowner spots.
Dine & Wine at Lehele Lodge
The Gondwana Game Reserve arranges delicious indoor or outdoor dining at the Lehele Lodge. Guests may also sip a cocktail at the swimming pool overlooking the reserve and waterhole where hippo and elephant are frequent visitors.
Guests staying at the Gondwana may enjoy bush braais in the middle of the reserve overlooking a breathtaking valley and mountain vista at sunset.
The Spa at the Gondwana Reserve offers a full treatment menu utilising the impressive Africology product range.
Wellness treatments can be enjoyed in the double volume treatment room, open air to experience the real nature or in the chamber for ultimate privacy and ease.
Guests staying at the Lodge may enjoy bush braais in the middle of the reserve overlooking a breathtaking valley and mountain vista at sunset.
The lodge offers an outdoor swimming pool from where stunning views overlooking the mountains can be enjoyed.
Exciting game drives on the reserve are conducted in open Land Rovers. Morning and evening safaris are included with gourmet breakfast treats or delicious hors d'oeuvres and sundowners in the evenings.
The reserve provides Horseback Safaris in the reserve's one thousand hectares walking area.
The reserve is home to over 310 species of birds in its general region, many of which are endemic and only found in this part of South Africa such as the Cape Sugarbird and Orange Breasted Sunbird.
Guided Nature Trails and Fynbos Walks
Take a walk with the game ranger with the black rhino and elephant sightings to appreciate these spectacular animals.
Guests have the opportunity to walk with the Fynbos expert at the park and learn all about of one of the world's six Floral Kingdoms.
Junior Ranger Programme
The Gondwana Junior Ranger Programme where kids enjoy a few hours out with their own personal Rangers and experience what it is like to learn and live on a wildlife reserve. The 'Little Rangers' receive Gondwana backpacks complete with a custom activity book and Rangers completion badge.
- mountain biking
- day trips to the charming coastal towns of Mossel Bay, Knysna or Plettenberg Bay along South Africa's picturesque Garden Route
- surfing, swimming or sunning at Mossel Bay's the Point or Diaz Beach
- shark cage diving, abseiling, helicopter flips
The Lehele Lodge is a thatched, new functions venue and boutique conference centre. Ten private bush villas on the reserve can be made for smaller, more private strategic sessions. Overnight, full day and half day conferencing packages are available.
- Barbeque & braai area
- Conference venue
- Curio Shop
- Hiking trails
- Hotel Bar
- Secure Car Parkade
- Sun deck
- Swimming Pool
- Viewing deck
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:30
- Check out: 11:00
- Internet access in rooms
- 24 - hour reception service
- Airport transfers
- Braai & Barbeque
- Car rental service
- Dry cleaning service
- Housekeeping service
- Laundry services
- Massage treatments
- Room service
- Safari drives
- Secure parking
- Wake-up call
- Walking safaris
- Wellness & Beauty treatments
Malaria Status and Animals
The malaria-free Gondwana Reserve is home to lion, black rhinoceros, eland, red hartebeest, endangered Cape Mountain Zebra, giraffe, cheetah, Grey Reebok, bontebok, springbok, kudu, elephant, gemsbok, wildebeest, hippo and an abundance of endemic bird life.
- Children 6 & younger are not allowed on game drives.
- Gondwana offers babysitting facilities or single use vehicle (R2750 per day) subject to availability.
- Children 6 years and older may go game drives.
- Children under the age of 6 are free with paying adults.
- Children 6 to 12 pay 50% of the adult rate with two full paying adults.
- Children 12 years and older are charged an adult sharing rate.
- Families at Private Bush Villas have rollaway beds.
- Children under the age of 12 years old may not stay in Kwena Lodge.
- The minimum 2-night stay applies to Bush Villa accommodation.
- The junior ranger experience is for children over six.
The Khoi San-inspired Kwena Huts Lodge at the magnificent Gondwana Game Reserve offered 14 well-appointed private suites overlooking two water holes across the valley to the mountains.
Room amenities at Kwena Huts Lodge:
- 180-degree views
- Clay pot fireplaces
- Open plan suites with beds centered under the skylight with private dressing area behind
- Spacious bathroom open to the bedroom with deep bath, walk-in shower and double sinks
- Twin or king size beds available on request
- Wood fireplace
- Mini bar
- Tea Station
- Internet access
- Approximately 60m2 in size
The Bush Villas at Gondwana Game Reserve offers luxurious bush villas. Each villa offers a private, spacious space for families and groups to enjoy. The free-standing villas are located in a safe fenced-in area.
Each suite features:
- Multiple bedrooms with gas fireplaces
- An open plan lounges with wood fireplace
- Dining and a fully-equipped kitchen area
- Deck with views over the reserve
- En-suite bathrooms with separate baths and showers f
- Flat screen TVs with DVD players
- Internet connection
- Braai area
Tented Eco Camp
Gondwana Game Reserve Specials
There are currently no specials for the Gondwana Game Reserve.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
Situated 61km west of George and only 31km from Mossel Bay on the Indian Ocean, Gondwana Game Reserves setting in the idyllic Garden Route is easily accessible by car.
- 4 hours drive from Cape Town
- 3 hours from the Cape Winelands
- 45 minutes from George International Airport
- Helicopter transfers can also be booked to fly directly into the game reserve
Directions from Cape Town:
- Distance: approximately 380kms, 4 hours
- Exit the city onto the N2 highway
- Stay on the N2 highway towards George / Mossel Bay; you will be on the N2 for the majority of the trip
- Take a left turn at ( R327) the Herbertsdale / Mossdustria road just before the Petroport and Engen One-Stop. NOTE: Do not turn at the first Herbertsdale turn off the N2, wait until R327!!
- Travel on this road for 14.5kms; cross over the railway line and stay on the road
- Go over the cattle grid and stay RIGHT at the fork in the dirt road
- The Gondwana entrance gate will be on this road (3.2km from fork)
- Park behind the entry gate and check in with security who will direct you to the Lodge.
- Exclusive Retreats
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts