Jembisa Game Lodge Reviews & Information« Return to Waterberg
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Jembisa Game Lodge.
The Jembisa Safari Lodge, which is in South Africa's Waterberg region of the Limpopo Province, provides an exceptional, unforgettable African Safari experience. This safari lodge offers guests an exclusive holiday where their stay is tailor-made to their requirements. This Lodge is an ideal bush getaway for family safaris or small groups of friends looking to experience genuine African hospitality and wildlife in a private, luxury safari lodge set within a private game reserve.
Being a magnificent bush home located in its private game reserve, the Palala River Reserve, this Lodge provides a beautiful atmosphere of relaxation and comfort. The lodge is of local stone and thatch in harmony with its surroundings. It is a beautifully designed lodge with large, spacious rooms decorated with natural materials in an Afro-colonial style. It features a library, a reading room, a games room as well as a tennis court.
The Jembisa offers comfortable accommodation to its guests and care has been taken to ensure that everything is available to meet clients' needs and requirements. The Lodge features five luxury en-suite bedrooms, three with private balconies plus a children's bunk room.
Arrangements are flexible to suit each guests needs, and bunk beds with cots for children are available upon request. All bathrooms feature both a shower and a bath.
Activities and Facilities
- Swimming in the lodge's natural saltwater pool
- Tennis on the floodlit court
- Relaxation therapy using local organic oils including avocado oil and rose geranium
- Safari Drives in 4x4 open land rovers with highly trained and experienced rangers
- Night drives provide the opportunity of seeing the nocturnal animals such as leopard, brown hyena, aardvark, civet cats and porcupines
- Bush walks are a fascinating experience whereby one can enjoy the thrill of walking with a rhino
- Guests may camp out for a night under canvas, getting closer to nature and waking up with the African dawn
- Bushman Paintings and Archaeological sites: the reserve has been home to many peoples over time, and stone age, early and late iron age sites and bushman paintings.
- Local excursions: there are many exciting places to visit and things to do in the area
- Curio shops
- Horse riding at Horizon Horseback
- Elephant-back safaris at Rock Lodge
- Day trips to Big 5 Reserve..s
- Scenic helicopter flights
The professional chef at the Lodge prepares delicious meals whereby local; fresh ingredients are used when in season including those from the lodge's own large, organic kitchen garden. Meal locations and types vary and may include picnics in the bush, dinner under the stars, lunch on the terrace, and al fresco breakfasts and brunches. A full range of beverages is available, and excellent South Africa wines complement the meals.
Children of all ages are welcome at the Safari Lodge. Having been a family home in the past, the Jembisa Lodge is ideally suited for families with children. In particular, having all bedrooms within the lodge provides parents with peace of mind when staying within a game reserve. This Lodge offers a family safari holiday for all ages including giving adults with some time for themselves.
It also provides exciting activities for kids and events can be tailor-made to suit them. These can include guided bush walks, instruction on tracking and bush lore, bug walks, slide shows and forest games. There are also children's books, games and wildlife videos available and a free babysitting service. Children's separate meal times are also available if requested.
Jembisa Game Lodge Specials
There are currently no specials for the Jembisa Game Lodge.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.