Jembisa Game Lodge Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Jembisa Game Lodge.
The Jembisa Game Lodge, which is in South Africa's Waterberg region of the Limpopo Province, provides an exceptional, unforgettable African Safari experience. This game lodge offers guests an exclusive holiday where their stay is tailor-made to their requirements. This Lodge is an ideal bush getaway for family safaris or small groups of friends looking to experience genuine African hospitality and wildlife in a private, luxury safari lodge set within a private game reserve.
Being a magnificent bush home located in its private game reserve, the Palala River Reserve, this Lodge provides a beautiful atmosphere of relaxation and comfort. The lodge is of local stone and thatch in harmony with its surroundings. It is a beautifully designed lodge with large, spacious rooms decorated with natural materials in an Afro-colonial style. It features a library, a reading room, a games room as well as a tennis court.
The Jembisa offers comfortable accommodation to its guests and care has been taken to ensure that everything is available to meet clients' needs and requirements. The Lodge features five luxury en-suite bedrooms, three with private balconies plus a children's bunk room.
Arrangements are flexible to suit each guests needs, and bunk beds with cots for children are available upon request. All bathrooms feature both a shower and a bath.
Activities and Facilities
- Swimming in the lodge's natural saltwater pool
- Tennis on the floodlit court
- Relaxation therapy using local organic oils including avocado oil and rose geranium
- Game Drives in 4x4 open land rovers with highly trained and experienced rangers
- Night drives provide the opportunity of seeing the nocturnal animals such as leopard, brown hyena, aardvark, civet cats and porcupines
- Bush walks are a fascinating experience whereby one can enjoy the thrill of walking with a rhino
- Guests may camp out for a night under canvas, getting closer to nature and waking up with the African dawn
- Bushman Paintings and Archaeological sites: the reserve has been home to many peoples over time, and stone age, early and late iron age sites and bushman paintings.
- Local excursions: there are many exciting places to visit and things to do in the area
- Curio shops
- Horse riding at Horizon Horseback
- Elephant-back safaris at Rock Lodge
- Day trips to Big 5 Reserve..s
- Scenic helicopter flights
The professional chef at the Lodge prepares delicious meals whereby local; fresh ingredients are used when in season including those from the lodge's own large, organic kitchen garden. Meal locations and types vary and may include picnics in the bush, dinner under the stars, lunch on the terrace, and al fresco breakfasts and brunches. A full range of beverages is available, and excellent South Africa wines complement the meals.
Children of all ages are welcome at the Game Lodge. Having been a family home in the past, the Jembisa Lodge is ideally suited for families with children. In particular, having all bedrooms within the lodge provides parents with peace of mind when staying within a game reserve. This Lodge offers a family safari holiday for all ages including giving adults with some time for themselves.
It also provides exciting activities for kids and events can be tailor-made to suit them. These can include guided bush walks, instruction on tracking and bush lore, bug walks, slide shows and forest games. There are also children's books, games and wildlife videos available and a free babysitting service. Children's separate meal times are also available if requested.
Below detailed information about the Jembisa Game Lodge is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
Dining at the Jembisa Game Lodge
The chef at the Jembisa Game Lodge in the Lapalala Game Reserve, South Africa, prepares delicious meals using local, fresh, seasonal ingredients. Many of the menu's ingredients come from the lodge's own large, organic kitchen garden.
Meals are varied affairs and may include picnics in the bush, dinner under the stars, lunch on the terrace, and al fresco breakfasts and brunches. A full range of beverages is available, and wines are quality South African estate wines.
For extra relaxation guests at Jembisa Game Lodge can opt for a massage either in the privacy of their room or on the secluded deck with the river running below. The spa at Jembisa uses local organic oils including avocado oil and rose geranium oil.
The Jembisa Safari Lodge provides a games room, a swimming pool and a floodlit tennis court for guests to enjoy.
Game Drives or Walking Safaris
Game drives at the Jembisa Game Lodge in South Africa are in 4x4 open land rovers and are guided by highly trained and experienced rangers. Night drives at Jembisa provide guests with the opportunity to see nocturnal animals such as leopard, brown hyena, aardvark, civet cats and porcupines.
Camping out at the Jembisa Game Lodge offers guests a night under canvas, allowing those brave enough to get closer to nature.
The reserve surrounding the Jembisa Game Lodge has been home to a variety of tribes over time, and there are stone age, early and late iron age archeological sites and bushman paintings to discover. The staff at Jembisa gladly assists guests in exploring these interesting, historical sites.
- Curio shops - the Waterberg boasts some exceptional curio and African art shops
- Horse riding at Horizon Horseback Adventures for the novice to the experienced rider
- Elephant-back safaris at Rock Lodge
- Day trips to Big 5 Reserves
- Scenic helicopter flights.
- Games Room
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis court
The Jembisa Game Lodge in the Lapalala Game Reserve of South Africa offers a babysitting service for guests.
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Airport transfers
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Game drive safaris
- Housekeeping service
- Kid's entertainment
- Tours & Transfers on Request
- Walking safaris
Previously a family home, the lodge is ideally suited for families with children.
A significant advantage to adults and children alike is that Jembisa is in a malaria free area. The lodge offers a family safari holiday where all ages are catered for.
The Jembisa Game Lodge offers various activities for children and activities can be tailor-made to suit them. These can include guided bush walks, instruction on tracking and bush lore, bug walks, slide shows and forest games.
There are also children's books, games and wildlife videos available and a free babysitting service. Children's separate meal times can be arranged if guests choose.
Exclusive Use (1-8 guests)
Non-exclusive use (2 guests)
Jembisa Game Lodge Specials
There are currently no specials for the Jembisa Game Lodge.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
Journey time: Approx 3hours from Johannesburg
Self-driving: Please note that there are three toll gates on the way to Jembisa, and so some cash will be needed for these.
Driving Directions from the Johannesburg International Airport:
1. Take R21 to Pretoria for about 20 minutes
3. Take the turn off to Kranskop toll gate (third toll gate) to Nylstroom/Modimolle.
4. Go through Nylstroom/Modimolle to Vaalwater (60km).
5. In Vaalwater turn right at the stop street towards Melkriver.
6. Go 43 km and turn left onto a gravel road marked Melkriver School/Lapalala.
7. After 6km turn right (there is an old Cape Dutch farmhouse on the right-hand side) and pass the Rhino Museum.
8. From the Rhino Museum Drive 3.2km, the main entrance to Jembisa Lodge will be on your right.
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.