Jembisa Game Lodge Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Jembisa Game Lodge.
Below detailed information about the Jembisa Game Lodge is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
Dining at the Jembisa Game Lodge
The chef at the Jembisa Game Lodge in the Lapalala Game Reserve, South Africa, prepares delicious meals using local, fresh, seasonal ingredients. Many of the menu's ingredients come from the lodge's own large, organic kitchen garden.
Meals are varied affairs and may include picnics in the bush, dinner under the stars, lunch on the terrace, and al fresco breakfasts and brunches. A full range of beverages is available, and wines are quality South African estate wines.
For extra relaxation guests at Jembisa Lodge can opt for a massage either in the privacy of their room or on the secluded deck with the river running below. The spa at Jembisa uses local organic oils including avocado oil and rose geranium oil.
Activities, Sports & Leisure
The Jembisa Safari Lodge provides a games room, a swimming pool and a floodlit tennis court for guests to enjoy.
Game Drives or Walking Safaris
Game drives at the Jembisa Game Lodge in South Africa are in 4x4 open land rovers and are guided by highly trained and experienced rangers. Night drives at Jembisa provide guests with the opportunity to see nocturnal animals such as leopard, brown hyena, aardvark, civet cats and porcupines.
Camping out at the Jembisa Game Lodge offers guests a night under canvas, allowing those brave enough to get closer to nature.
The reserve surrounding the Jembisa Game Lodge has been home to a variety of tribes over time, and there are stone age, early and late iron age archeological sites and bushman paintings to discover. The staff at Jembisa gladly assists guests in exploring these interesting, historical sites.
- Curio shops - the Waterberg boasts some exceptional curio and African art shops
- Horse riding at Horizon Horseback Adventures for the novice to the experienced rider
- Elephant-back safaris at Rock Lodge
- Day trips to Big 5 Reserves
- Scenic helicopter flights.
The Jembisa Lodge in the Lapalala Reserve of South Africa offers a babysitting service for guests.
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Airport transfers
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Housekeeping service
- Kid's entertainment
- Safari drives
- Tours & Transfers on Request
- Walking safaris
Previously a family home, the lodge is ideally suited for families with children.
A significant advantage to adults and children alike is that Jembisa is in a malaria-free area. The lodge offers a family safari holiday where all ages are catered for.
The Jembisa Lodge offers various activities for children and activities can be tailor-made to suit them. These can include guided bush walks, instruction on tracking and bush lore, bug walks, slide shows and forest.
There are also children's books and wildlife videos available and a free babysitting service. Children's separate meal times can be arranged if guests choose.
Non-exclusive use (2 guests)
Journey time: Approx 3hours from Johannesburg
Self-driving: Please note that there are three toll gates on the way to Jembisa, and so some cash will be needed for these.
Driving Directions from the Johannesburg International Airport:
1. Take R21 to Pretoria for about 20 minutes
3. Take the turn off to Kranskop toll gate (third toll gate) to Nylstroom/Modimolle.
4. Go through Nylstroom/Modimolle to Vaalwater (60km).
5. In Vaalwater turn right at the stop street towards Melkriver.
6. Go 43 km and turn left onto a gravel road marked Melkriver School/Lapalala.
7. After 6km turn right (there is an old Cape Dutch farmhouse on the right-hand side) and pass the Rhino Museum.
8. From the Rhino Museum Drive 3.2km, the main entrance to Jembisa Lodge will be on your right.
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.