Makanyi Private Game Lodge Reviews & Information« Return to Kruger National Park
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Makanyi Private Game Lodge.
With its seven luxurious suites, The Makanyi Lodge nestles in the wildlife rich, Big Five Timbavati Private Game Reserve of South Africa's Greater Kruger National Park region. Located only 63 km away Hoedspruit Airport, to which South African Express operates scheduled flights, the lodge is easily accessible. The transfer from the Hoedspruit Airport to the lodge only takes about 50 minutes.
Guests' pleasure and comfort are the highly qualified staff's top priorities. With the abundance of wildlife surrounding the lodge, the exclusivity of its facilities and accommodation combined with the delicious gourmet meals served in the most unusual venues make for unforgettable safari memories.
Makanyi features only seven luxury suites, guests are ensured privacy and tranquillity throughout their stay making for an exclusive safari experience. Every suite provides beautiful views of the dam where wildlife can be observed from the comfort of the lounge chairs and the bed. Fitted with spacious and most comfortable beds, the suites provide a welcoming lounge area with fireplace as well as a luxurious bathroom with shower and separate bathtub. The private outdoor deck features loungers and an outdoor shower.
- Lounge area with fireplace
- En-suite bathroom (shower and bath)
- Private viewing deck
- Outdoor shower
- Exclusive bathroom amenities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Hair dryer
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Tea making facilities.
Guests are treated to a culinary journey when staying at the Safari Lodge. Delicious traditional meals and flavours are skilfully combined with international meals to suit any palate.
Most of the used ingredients are locally sourced and of highest quality making for the most delicious treats. With the bushveld's spectacular sunrises and its breathtaking sunsets, dining while being surrounded by nature's sounds make for unforgettable dining experiences. Romantic candlelit dinners under the vast galaxy of stars to a rustic bush picnic or a private dinner in your suite, anything can be arranged for guests. Premium South African wines, as well as an excellent selection of international spirits and liqueurs, are available.
- Early morning tea and coffee
- Delicious breakfasts
- Mouthwatering lunches
- High tea with irresistible treats
- Romantic candlelit dinner
- Rustic bush picnics
- Private dinners in the suite
- Boma dinner.
There are activities available at the lodge to suit any preference and choice. Guests may embark through the untamed wilderness on exciting safari drives as well as bush walks which are accompanied by professional rangers and trackers. The safari drives take part in the early mornings and the late afternoon during which incredible wildlife can be observed. During the bush walks, guests follow tracks and explore the great variety of smaller creatures as well as plants, shrubs and trees.
Free from light pollution, stargazing with a guide into the astonishing night sky is a fascinating experience. The fantastic constellations of the Southern Hemisphere and the Milky Way can be admired. Besides the usual safari drives, the lodge also offers unique Photo Safaris and Art Safaris.
Fishing in one of the dams makes for a more peaceful and relaxing activity. Rejuvenating health and beauty spa treatments are available for guests who wish to de-stress being surrounded by the tranquil and calming sounds of nature. The outdoor swimming pool offers a nice refreshment during the hot summer afternoons.
- Safari drives
- Bush Walks
- Photo Safari
- Art Safari
- Spa treatments
- Fitness in the gym
Nearby activities & attractions
Many exciting attractions are in the area surrounding the lodge which is well worth a visit. A trip with transfers can be arranged during a stay; this should be booked in advance.
- Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- Zip Line in Hazyview
- Elephant Whispers
- Blyde River Canyon
- Helicopter tours
- Scenic Flights
- Hot air ballooning
- Shangaan village tours
- Jessica the Hippo
- Elephant Safaris
- Silk Farm.
Makanyi Private Game Lodge Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Stay for 4 nights at the Makanyi Private Game Lodge and only pay for 3 nights.
- Valid 1 - 21 December 2018
- Valid for 2019 (excluding Festive season)
Included in the rate:
- All meals and beverages offered at Makanyi
- Two daily game drives
- Other daily activities taking place in the lodge area: bush walks, fishing, picnics, star gazing
- Use of the gym
- Laundry service
- Timbavati Conservation Levy
Excluded from the rate:
- Items of a personal nature
- Airport transfers to and from commercial airports (Hoedspruit, KMIA etc.) Timbavati Gate Levy (only applicable for self-drive guests) Certain exclusive wines, champagnes and some premium spirits (subject to availability)
- Any area activity not directly operated by Makanyi Private game drive vehicle usage (price available on request and subject to availability)
- Specialist photographic safaris (price available on request)
- Spa treatments (see separate Spa Menu) Telephone calls, purchases from the curio shop & any gratuities (at clients discretion)
Terms and Conditions:
- Subject to availability
- Valid 1 - 21 December 2018 and 4 January - 19 December 2019
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.