Mount Camdeboo Private Game Reserve Reviews & Information« Return to Graaff-Reinet
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Mount Camdeboo Private Game Reserve.
The Mount Camdeboo Private Game Reserve in the Great Karoo of South Africa, which has an elephant-sized passion for conservation and is home to a multitude of endangered and many successfully rehabilitated species, is located in a malaria-free region. Guests experience a personalised expert safari steeped in a place of natural beauty, a long history and fascinating culture.
With accommodation to suit both individuals and families, from staying in the luxurious manor house, to a more private historic cottage upon the Sneeuberg Mountain slopes, the luscious gardens and outstretched views and a dip in the pristine swimming pool and just being in the beauty of the African bush surrounded by nature and an abundance of African wildlife is sure to take your breath away!
Activities and Wildlife
With two safari drives per day usually around three hours each, timed at optimal wildlife viewing times, pre-dawn and just as the African sun sets creating a beautiful skyline. Journeying in purpose-built, 9-seater wildlife viewing Land Rovers equipped with seatbelts, are SABS safety approved and include a shade canopy and drink holders for you to enjoy those sundowners whilst watching the African aminals play as the sunsets.
The safari drives typically start with a breathtaking climb up the mountain slopes to reach the upper slopes of the valley to the plateau above where the animals graze and the world unfolds at your feet.f wildlife is what you’re after, Mount Camdeboo contains an impressive spectrum.
Mount Camdeboo has the rare white rhino and cheetahs, the Cape buffalo, the graceful giraffe walk the reserve alongside the mountain zebra and numerous antelopes and a myriad of birds.
In the evenings roast marshmallows and enjoy stories of days gone by around the fireside or just lay back and listen to the sounds of the night as you gaze up at the stars, the Great Karoo has some of the clearest skies in the southern hemisphere, which offer you a glittering display above.
Mount Camdeboo Private Game Reserve Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Stay at Mount Camdeboo for 3 nights and only pay for 2!
Included in the rate:
- Accommodation as specified
- 3 meals daily
- Soft drinks, house wines, local spirits, beers, teas & coffees, mineral water, refreshments on game drives
- Daily game activities including guided bush walk as an alternative to a normal game drive (dependent on whole vehicle opting to walk instead of drive)
- Star gazing - the Great Karoo has some of the clearest skies in the southern hemisphere
- Visit to an historic Anglo Boer War site during a normal game drive, where the pivotal "Battle of Paardefontein" was fought. It is here that the famous Boer Commander Johannes Lötter was finally captured
Excluded from the rate:
- Conservation levy
- Telephone calls
- Curio shop purchases
- Wellness treatments
- All beverages not listed above
- Items of a personal nature
- Transfers to and from Mount Camdeboo
- Additional activities
Terms and Conditions:
- Subject to availability
- Subject to a 3 night stay
- Applicable to all lodges, including villa stays
- Not combinable with other special offers
- Valid 1 May - 30 September 2019
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.