Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve Reviews & Information« Return to Port Elizabeth
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve.
The Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve features a variety of comfortable accommodation with views of the bush and the blue and white waves beyond. Combined with five-star dining, one of a kind amenities, a patient health and beauty spa and endless pampering, the lodge is unlike any other.
Being the only wildlife reserve which is situated on the beach in South Africa, this sanctuary is surrounded by a scenic landscape which is unique and breathtaking. The lodge is located 8.5 km East of Port Alfred, the uniqueness of the beautiful beach & wildlife reserve is that it offers beach and fauna experience all in one.
The reserve offers travellers private boutique accommodation combined with exceptional wildlife sightings. It is here in the Eastern Cape of South Africa where this ultra-luxurious paradise awaits its guests. With luxurious Ocean Suites, Lodge Suites, and the Private Ocean House.
A range of unique accommodation designed for comfort, privacy and ultimate luxury is available to guests staying at the lodge. All suites can accommodate a maximum of two adults sharing with two children per suite. Children will be able to remain on a sleeper couch.
Selected room features:
- Air conditioning/heating
- Underfloor heating
- Flat screen television, with satellite channels, radio, CD player
- DVD player
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- En-suite bathroom (s), with separate twin shower and Jacuzzi tub
- Private mini-bar
- Electronic safe
- Separate dressing areas.
- Safari Drives
- Private safari drives are available on 4x4 Golf Carts
- Guided nature walks in the bush
- Bush and Beach Picnics
- Beach Walks
- Bird watching
- Rock and Surf Fishing
- Indoor activities for the whole family
- Whale watching.
Abundant varieties of wildlife are at home in the reserve such as rhino, giraffe, eland, zebra and much more. The Lodge has expert guides who introduce rare animals which are roaming free in their natural environment here. These photo safaris provide guests with the unique opportunity to experience the wildlife up close and personal. The Lodge offers self-guided walking tours as well as bigger adventure riding in the lodge's private safari vehicles with personal guides.
Water enthusiasts staying at the hotel have the chance to choose from the following ocean adventures: scuba diving, whale watching, surfing, diving. Arrangements can be made to snorkel or scuba nearby reefs. Sea life abounds with Parrot Fish, Angel Fish, and soft coral as well as sharks. Take a snorkelling or scuba diving adventure solo or with a guide and you'll discover why Oceana is an ocean reserve. For novice and seasoned experts alike, wonders await your next dive.
Beauty Spa and Gym
Guests are invited to relax and get pampered in the lodge's spa and enjoy a great workout in the fully equipped gym. Trainers are available for professional instruction. The resort offers different treatments which include massages, wraps, masks, exfoliation and a variety of other services.
- Fully equipped resort spa with single and couples therapy rooms, steam room
- Health centre and gym, including treadmills, weights, walker, rowing machine and Pilates ball
- Swimming pool and a kids pool
- Room with pool table, shuffleboard, movie theatre and free internet usage
- Boma area for outdoor drinks/dining
- Private dining room
- Deck with 180-degree ocean view
- Room with bar and casual lunch venue
- DVD Library
- Cigar Humidor
Dining and Cuisine
Dining at the Lodge is one of the highlights of the guest's stay. The five-star gourmet cuisine is available in the Great Room of the Lodge. After dining, guests are invited to relax and enjoy the authentic atmosphere of Oceana's right old-world pub with its extensive wine cellar and adjoining cigar room.
Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
The magnificent Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve is situated along a vast, private expanse of pristine beach in the heart of the Eastern Cape Region:
- Oceana is the only wildlife reserve, which is situated on the beach in South Africa
- Its surrounding scenic landscape is unique and magnificent
- Guests are invited to experience the luxury of Oceana's accommodation combined with adventurous game drives and gourmet dining
- The Oceana Wildlife Reserve in the Eastern Cape is malaria-free
- A private helipad is located at the reception of the Oceana Lodge
- Road transfers to and from the Oceana Lodge are available on request
The daily program is tailor made to the guest's preferences and special interests
Included in the rate:
- Inclusive of all meals
- game drives
Excluded from the rate:
- Items of a personal nature
Terms and Conditions:
- South African and SADEC residence only
- not combinable with any other promotion or special offer
- Not available 20 December - 10 January
- Ocean House quote is for 4 persons. Additional costs would be applicable for additional persons
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.