Samara Private Game Reserve Reviews & Information« Return to Graaff-Reinet
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Samara Private Game Reserve.
The famous for its cheetahs the Samara Reserve is in the Eastern Cape north of Port Elizabeth in the Karoo, South Africa. The exclusive Lodge enjoys the tranquillity of the reserve's natural wilderness.
This malaria-free Samara reserve encompasses the southern flank of the Sneeuberg mountain range, and the Samara Karoo Lodge is below this magnificent mountain. The Reserve is 55km outside of Graaff-Reinet, and it is 258 km away from Port Elizabeth, therefore providing access either by air or road.
Guests staying here are invited to relax in colonial comforts amidst the most beautiful surroundings. Reflecting the essence of the landscape, the interiors of the Samara Karoo Lodge combines the elegance of luxury colonial style cottages with the untamed beauty of the African bush.
- A warm and inviting lounge with fireplace
- Cosy bar area
- Dining room with fireplace
- Small TV area next to the bar
- Curio shop
- WiFi available in all rooms
- Fenced swimming pool with manicured lawns and covered dining area next to the pool
- Tennis court
- Karoo-style traditional boma
- Children's fenced off outdoor play area
- Spacious manicured lawns where under the stars dining and picnics can happen.
Whether guests choose to dine in the boma, on the verandah, in the river, in the bush under the stars or picnic while admiring the scenic views, they will savour the flavours of the delicious cuisine provided by the lodge. The delightful bush scents of Wild Rosemary and Fynbos are combined with traditional Karoo Lamb and Springbok Loin to create a mouth-watering gastronomic delight.
- Dining Room
- Veranda / Terrace
- Traditional Boma
- By the swimming pool
- Lawn picnic
- In the river
- Various Bush Dining Experiences
With four of South Africa's seven biomes found at this reserve, the abundant wilderness preserves a complex and diverse ecosystem which is home to over 60 mammal species. Kudu and Duiker, the secretive Aardvark and the once-endangered White Rhino roam freely in this reserve. Giraffes, Cheetahs and Hartebeest, can also be observed on safari drives.
Guests have the opportunity to discover the wildlife as well as the well-preserved Bushman paintings in this spectacular reserve. Early morning and late afternoon safari drives are available to guests. The evening drive ends with a spotlight search for the elusive Aardvark. Guided bush walks and visits to sites of historical and paleontological interest are also available to visitors.
The children's program that takes place on the Aardvark reed enclosure is where children of all ages may have a lot of fun amongst giant and small wrought-iron cut-outs of animals found on the reserve.
As this Reserve in South Africa features a wide variety of habitats, it is home to many animal species. Focused on reintroducing protected animals, the Reserve has a healthy population of Cheetah, Cape Mountain Zebra, White Rhino, Giraffe, Black Wildebeest, Eland, Kudu, Gemsbok, Springbok, Red Hartebeest and a range of other smaller mammals, including Vervet Monkeys and Meerkats. The reserve also works in close collaboration with De Wild Cheetah and the Wildlife Trust to ensure that this a magnificent endangered animal in South Africa is given the best chance of survival.
Samara Private Game Reserve Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Stay at Samara Private Game Reserve for 4 nights and only pay for 3!
Valid 1 June - 31 August 2019.
Included in the rate:
- Luxury en-suite accommodation
- All meals
- Tea and coffee
- Two game activities daily with experienced rangers
- Children’s programme (due to safety reasons, children under 8 years are not allowed on scheduled game drives) Baby-sitting service available @ R100.00 per hour
- Selected local drinks during game activities
Excluded from the rate:
- Telephone calls and Fax
- Curio shop purchases
- Spa treatments
- All beverages not mentioned above
- Gratuities. Should you need guidance on gratuities, we recommend between R50.00 & R100.00 per guest per night for the general staff plus a tip for your ranger (from R100.00 per person per night). However, this is entirely at your own discretion.
- Transfers to and from the lodge from off the Samara property
- Conservation levy payable on departure:
- South African Residents R75 pp p/d.
- International Guests R140 pp p/d.
Terms and Conditions:
- Subject to availability
- Valid until 01 June - 31 August 2019
- Conservation levy payable for all 4 nights
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.