Tanda Tula Safari Camp Reviews & Information« Return to Kruger National Park
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Tanda Tula Safari Camp.
The Tanda Tula safari camp features a total of 12 luxury tents, with en-suite bathrooms and outdoor showers in Timbavati. Each luxury tent offers a private deck which features comfortable loungers where guests may relax and admire the beauty and the untamed African bush. In the wildlife-rich part of the Kruger an opulent tented lodge, which provides guests with memorable wildlife encounters.
Excellent animal viewing excursions, warm hospitality and delicious cuisine in a tranquil natural setting make for an unforgettable safari holiday.
Tanda Tula is located on the banks of Limpopo Nharalumi riverbed, the Camp is shaded by beautiful trees and overlooks a scenic waterhole which attracts many animals in search of quenching their thirst in Africa summer heat. Each of Tanda Tula 12 Luxury Tents is entirely private and surrounded by riverine bush providing a deck overlooking the riverbed.
The luxury tents offer a beautiful en-suite bathroom which is complete with a traditional Victorian bathtub as well as a romantic outdoor shower which overlooks the African bush and riverbed. The interiors of these tents are decorated in elegance and comfort to ensure that guests enjoy a pleasant African experience in complete luxury. The rates at Tanda Tula include:
- Luxury tented accommodation
- All meals
- Local soft drinks, beers, spirits, house wines & morning and afternoon teas and coffees
- Two daily shared safari drives and optional guided nature walk after breakfast (6 guests per 4x4)
Two safari drives daily are on offer which is being led by the lodge professional trackers and guides, providing the ideal opportunity to experience up-close encounters with the African wildlife. To ensure safari drive quality vehicles seat only a maximum of 6 passengers. The camp thrilling Guided Safari Walks take between one to two hours and are available for breakfast. The expert guides lead participants as they track animals on foot to best explore the African wilderness. This way one learns about the smaller creatures in the bushveld as well as the flora of this unique area.
Guided Walking Safaris
The camp thrilling Guided Safari Walks take between one to two hours and are available for breakfast. The expert guides lead participants as they track animals on foot to best explore the African wilderness. This way one learns about the smaller creatures in the bushveld as well as the flora of this unique area.
Dining in the Bush
Dining in the bushveld makes for an unforgettable experience. The great Bush breakfasts are an excellent way to end the early morning safari drives. Guests set out on the banks of the riverbed, where the camp chefs prepare an extensive buffet including a cooked English breakfast feast.
The delicious lunches are offered in different locations. Romantic dinners, as well as Riverbed picnics, can also be arranged. In the evening, guests enjoy an excellent dinner in the outdoor boma, under the starlit sky in the garden or, for the adventurous guests, in the riverbed near the safari camp. Their fantastic bush breakfasts are served at the forest location, and after breakfast, guests may experience a guided safari walk back to the Camp with the ranger. Beautiful meals served in a magnificent setting:
- Early morning tea, coffee and rusks
- Bush breakfast
- Buffet lunch
- Afternoon tea
- Dinner is at various locations every night.
Tanda Tula is covering more than 55 100 hectares and sharing an open border with the wildlife-rich Kruger National Park, Timbavati is well known for its diversity of wildlife including the Big Five. Travellers have the chance to encounter elephant, leopard, lion, large herds of buffalo, zebra, rhino, giraffe, kudu, kudu and much more including the rare wild dogs.
- Safari Drives
- Bush Walks
- Star Beds
- Overnight Walking Safari Experience
- Riverbed Picnics
- Romantic Private Dinners
Tanda Tula Safari Camp Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Stay 3 nights at Tanda Tula Safari Camp and receive 10% off the total accommodation cost.
Valid: 1 May - 30 June 2018 and 1 February – 31 March 2019, 1 May – 30 June 2019 & 1 November – 15 December 2019
Included in the rate:
- Luxury tented accommodation, all meals and beverages (excluding Connoisseur wines and French Champagne)
- Two daily shared game drives and optional guided nature walk after breakfast (max 6 guests per 4x4)
- Mini bar in tent
Excluded from the rate:
- items of a personal nature (telephone calls, gratuities etc)
- Connoisseur wines and French Champagne
- Curios, gratuities & telephone calls
- Transfers to and from outside the Timbavati and the Tanda Tula Camps
- Timbavati Conservation Levy per person per night R 368
- Landing fees at Rockfig airstrip per person per landing / take off R 350
- Vehicle entrance fee payable at the Control Gate (self-drive guests only) per vehicle R 140
Terms and Conditions:
- Subject to availability
- Only valid for a 3 night stay
- Valid 1 May - 30 June 2018; 1 February - 31 March 2019, 1 May - 30 June 2019 and 1 November - 15 December 2019.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.