Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve Reviews & Information« Return to Koue Bokkeveld
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve.
The Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve nestles in the magnificent wilderness area of the Cederberg mountain range near Ceres in South Africa's Western Cape province. The Bushman Lodge at Kagga Kamma is an ideal accommodation option for guests who are looking for a remote retreat just 3 hours away from Cape Town itself.
Situated outside of Ceres, the Lodge offers rustic accommodation in the heart of nature which is surrounded by rocky outcrops. Visitors enjoy relaxing at the outdoor swimming pool, exciting quad bike tours, 4x4 trails, hiking and mountain biking in the reserve which is home to a smaller wildlife.
The Bushman Lodge offers guests a restaurant, bar, spa and lounge area. WiFi is available at the bar while the cell phone signal is not found here, making it a great getaway destination to switch off from every day.
At the Lodge offers guests rustic and unique accommodation in the form of caves which is amongst the sandstone formations. The caves offer guests their very own private terrace and en-suite bathrooms while either king or twin beds are also available. Designed to fit in with the beautiful surrounding area and bring to mind the little town of Bedrock, which was home to the Flintstones.
The Lodge features one air-conditioned conference venue which can accommodate up to 25 delegates comfortably. The conference facility provides WiFi. Although the Reserve is in a remote region of South Africa, the conference facility is equipped with an overhead projector, video recorder, TV and flip charts. The Reserve also offers conference packages which can be adjusted to meet guests needs.
While the men are out enjoying the 4x4 trails in the reserve, the ladies may enjoy a visit to the spa for some pampering. The Spa provides some treatments which help guests feel relaxed and rejuvenated. Health and beauty treatments which are available at the spa include facials, massages, tinting, manicures, pedicures and others.
The environment surrounding the Lodge provides for some great outdoor activities which guests can enjoy during their stay. This Lodge is ideal for 4x4 drivers as it offers rugged and rocky 4x4 trails where drivers can push their machines to the limit.
Hiking trails are scattered all over the reserve to enjoy a walk out in the fresh air and take in the beauty which surrounds them. While on a hike, visitors might even be lucky enough to spot some of the bucks which live on the reserve.
For guests who do not have 4x4 vehicles, safari drives and quad biking trips are available. Guests get to explore the areas of the reserve which cannot be reached by car or foot. Furthermore, the Bushman Lodge provides a beautiful location for star gazing.
- Nearest ATM - 100 km
- Closest medical facility - 100 km
- Nearest shopping centre - 100 km
- Nearest shop - 60 km
- Cape Town International Airport - 250 km
- Nearest golf course - 100 km.
- Visitors have to travel along rough gravel roads which may be difficult for some smaller vehicles / low lying luxury vehicles are not recommended
- Kagga Kamma is not a safari destination. However, small wildlife and buck are found on the reserve
- Accommodation is very rustic which is suitable for guests who are looking for comfortable and simple accommodation and not a luxury
- The nights are cold, but the days can reach very high temperatures
- The nearest shop and medical facility are a distance away ( 60 - 100 km)
- Nature and the scenery can be enjoyed here at its best
- Bushman Lodge is not a Luxury Safari destination
- The Lodge offers limited electricity supply; we recommend watching your step when returning to the rooms in the evenings (torch lights should be brought with)
- Limited WiFi is available (not reliable); no cellphone reception throughout the reserve.
Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve Specials
There are currently no specials for the Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.