Access to the Imbali Lodge by Air:
- SA Express from Johannesburg and Cape Town to Hoedspruit
- SA Airlink from Johannesburg, Cape Town, Livingstone (Zambia) and Durban to Nelspruit KMIA (Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport)
- Federal Air and Bataleur air service daily to the Manyeleti airstrip (8km)
- Private Charters available to private airstrip, lodge will do transfer
Access to the Imbali Lodge by Road:
- After departing from Johannesburg International Airport
- Take the R21 highway towards Pretoria (North)
- Before Pretoria, take the N4 Highway East
- Turn off at Belfast, takes the R540 towards Dullstroom (approximately 37km)
- At Dullstroom, take the R540 towards Lydenburg (approximately 43km)
- At Lydenburg, take the R36 towards Ohrigstad (approximately 62km)
- At Ohrigstad, take the R527 towards Hoedspruit (Note: You will pass through the JG Strijdom Tunnel)
- 16km before Hoedspruit at the Swadini Reptile Centre, turn right onto the R531 towards Klaserie
- After approximately 30km, turn left onto the Orpen Gate Road (R531)
- After 40km, you will reach the Orpen Gate of the Kruger National Park
ORPEN GATE ENTRY: (Estimated Driving Time: 2 hours)
- After entering the Orpen Gate travel for 22km on the H7.
- Turn right on the S36 where you will see the signpost marked Imbali, Hamiltons, Hoyo-Hoyo with the exact distances.
- After about 21km make a right on the S145 where it is signposted for Imbali and Hoyo-Hoyo after 3km turn left at the no entry sign.
- Drive for 3.5km where you will reach a T-junction.
- Turn right to Hoyo-Hoyo or left to Imbali.
PAUL KRUGER GATE ENTRY:
- Enter Paul Kruger Gate
- Proceed toward Skukuza
- From Skukuza take the H1-2 towards Satara (32km)
- Turn left S36(Dirt Road) signs will read Imbali Safari Lodge/Hoyo-Hoyo Tsonga Lodge/Hamiltons Tented Camp
- Continue S36 for 40km
- At T-junction turn left onto S125 for 1km then right S36
- Continue for 6km
- Turn left S145 for 3km
- At signage for Imbali Safari Lodge and Hoyo-Hoyo Tsonga Lodge turn left
- Travel approx 4km to T-Junction turn right for Hoyo-Hoyo (4km)
GATE ENTRANCE TIMES
Please be aware of gate entrance times into the Kruger National Park of South Africa as they do vary throughout the year, depending on the season. Entrance to the Kruger National Park via the Orpen Gate should be no later than two hours before gate closure time and via Kruger Gate should be no later than three hours before gate closure times.
Kruger National Park Gate Opening Times:
October - March 05h30
April - September 06h00
Gate Closing Times:
November - February 18h30
March - April 18h00
May - July 17h30
August - October 18h00
Distances to the Imbali Safari Lodge:
- 50 km from the Orpen Gate
- 80 km from the Kruger Gate
- 110 km from Hoedspruit
- 150 km from Phalaborwa
- 155 km from Karongwe Game Reserve
- 170 km from KMIA Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport Nelspruit
- 225 km from Nelspruit (city)
- 506 km from Johannesburg.