Access by road via the Phalaborwa Gate:
Take the N1 toll-road to Polokwane (Pietersburg).
40 km before Polokwane turns right onto the R71 and head for Tzaneen.
After Tzaneen, head towards Phalaborwa and the gate. Allow between 6 to 7 hours for the trip to the gate.
Letaba Rest Camp is 51 km away from the gate.
Allow about 2 hours for the drive to the camp, however if you want to enjoy the game viewing possibilities give you more time.
Access by air:
The nearest airport is Gateway Airport, which is located in Phalaborwa. Gateway is situated about 3 km away from the Phalaborwa Gate. There are daily scheduled flights between Gateway and OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg.
Phalaborwa - Letaba Rd and Letaba - Olifants Rd
Driving directions to the Letaba Rest Camp, Kruger National Park
1. Head southeast on Combretum St toward Bosvlier St 110 m
2. Turn right onto Selati Rd 350 m
3. Take the 1st right onto Essenhout St 130 m
4. Take the 1st right onto Hardekool St 140 m
5. Turn right onto Hendrik Van Eck St 1,3 km
6. Continue onto R71 1,4 km
7. Continue onto Phalaborwa - Letaba Rd 50,0 km
8. Turn right onto Letaba - Olifants Rd 23,5 km
9. Turn left onto H8 7,8 km
10. Turn left onto S93 230 m
11. Slight right onto S44 8,7 km