- # Rooms:
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge.
Below detailed information about the Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
The lodge at Mohlabetsi features a large trophy room and lounge, with many interesting artifacts and wood carving. An outdoor bar and lounge offer beautiful views over the bushveld and a well-frequented waterhole while an indoor dining room and a boma, where campfire dinners are served, are also on offer.
The Tranquility Lapa is in a quiet area of the Lodge. Here relaxing massages are offered during the day while the sounds of nature provide the background music.
Mohlabetsi is in the heart of the Balule Nature Reserve, which is incorporated into the Greater Kruger National Park. The area is home to an abundance of animal, bird and reptile life including the Big Five. Game drives are conducted in specially modified Landrovers, renowned for their comfort and reliability. Bush walks are led by an experienced ranger and allow guests to feel the exhilaration of stalking animals, finding new birds or learning the ways of the Baboon Spider and other insects.
Mohlabetsi is blessed with dark skies and a bewildering assortment of stars. The rangers point out constellations and laser pointers and a large telescope are on offer for guests to stargaze.
The Tranquility Lapa at Mohlabetsi is situated in a secluded area of the Lodge. Guests can enjoy relaxing massages during the day while the sounds of nature provide the background music to a treatment.
The Safari Lodge features six twin or double-bedded thatched rondavels, all of which are en-suite. The Lodge also provides 2 Family Chalets, which are an inter-leading twin and double rooms, each with their own facilities.
The standard chalets have an ethnic theme. Each rondavel features a marvelous outside shower, bathroom amenities, a hairdryer, and private safes. The windows and entrance are insect-proofed, and there is a ceiling fan. It is possible to place a small sleeper bed in the room for a young child.
The Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge is easy to find, just 7km off the tarred R40, slightly north of Hoedspruit.
1. Join the N12 towards eMalahleni (Witbank)
2. N12 joins the N4 at eMalahleni (Witbank) and continue to Belfast
3. At Belfast take the R540 to Dullstroom & Mashishing (Lydenburg)
4. Continue through Mashishing (Lydenburg) and towards Ohrigstad along the R36
5. Pass through the Abel Erasmus Pass and the JG Strydom Tunnel towards Hoedspruit along the R527
6. At Hoedspruit, the R527 will intersect with the R40
7. Turn left signposted to Phalaborwa and travel along the R40 for 10kms and turn right at the Mohlabetsi signboard
8. Enter the manned security gates and travel 7kms and drive straight into the camp, where a warm welcome awaits you.
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.