Access by road via the Phalaborwa Gate:
Take the N1 toll-road to Polokwane (Pietersburg).
4km before Polokwane turn right onto the R71 and head for Tzaneen.
After Tzaneen, head towards Phalaborwa and the gate.
Allow between 6 to 7 hours for the trip to the gate.
The Mopani Rest Camp is approximately 74km away from the gate.
Allow about 3 hours for the drive to the camp.
Access by air:
The closest airport to the Mopani Rest Camp is the Gateway Airport in Phalaborwa. The Gateway Airport is located 3km from the Phalaborwa Gate. There are daily scheduled flights between Gateway and OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg.
Phalaborwa to Mopani
79,7 km, 1 hour 40 mins Mopani - Phalaborwa Rd
1. Head southeast on Combretum St toward Bosvlier St 110 m
2. Turn right onto Selati Rd 350 m
3. Take the 1st right onto Essenhout St 130 m
4. Take the 1st right onto Hardekool St 140 m
5. Turn right onto Hendrik Van Eck St 1,3 km
6. Continue onto R71 1,4 km
7. Continue onto Phalaborwa - Letaba Rd 7,8 km
8. Turn left onto Mopani - Phalaborwa Rd 53,9 km
9. Slight left onto Mopani - Letaba Rd 12,7 km
10. Turn left onto Mopani Restcamp Rd 1,5 km