Directions to the Nambiti Private Game Reserve from Johannesburg:
1. Head for Durban on the N3.
2. Once you have entered KwaZulu-Natal via Van Reenen, look out for the Ladysmith Toll off-ramp and go through it. This is at the bottom of Van Reenens Pass
3. Continue straight on R103 to Ladysmith.
4. When you arrive in Ladysmith, drive straight through - you will be on the road called HARRISMITH STREET, (look out for the following landmarks on this path).
5. BP Petrol / Gas Station on the left, traffic lights then Caltex Petrol / Gas station on the left. Continue(landmark FET College on the left)
6. At the three-way, traffic light intersection keeps right till you get to the next set of 4-way traffic lights. (landmark: SHELL Petrol / Gas station on the right)
7. Turn Left into Murchison Street. Continue down Murchison Street going through 2 sets of traffic lights. At the third set (landmark: CALTEX Petrol / Gas Station on the right)
TURN RIGHT and then TURN LEFT at the traffic light intersection. Continue this road (landmark: BP Petrol / Gas Station on the right)
8. On the outskirts of Ladysmith, you will find another set of traffic lights and a four-way intersection - travel on straight - in the direction of NEWCASTLE (this is the N11)
Continue till you see our brown NAMBITI sign on the left as well as a small sign which reads D45. (Distance from Caltex to N11+D45 intersection = 10.9km)
9. Turn Right onto the D45 Road (sand road), follow for 10.3kms. At the Y - Junction turn right, travels alongside the Game fence for 2 km until you reach the gate and thatched guard house.
Directions from Durban to the Nambiti Private Game Reserve:
Travel on the N3 through Mooi River Toll Gate (R32), past Escort to Ladysmith (direction Harrismith / Johannesburg).
After Escort take the Bergville / Colenso R74 (R103) off-ramp/ exit 194, turn right at the top of the off ramp and travel past Colenso towards Ladysmith / Newcastle.
Cross the bridge (Klip River [also known as First Wagon Bridge] into Ladysmith and continue following the directions for the N11 to Newcastle. Look out for the following landmarks: Marks Tyres on left, Game on the left and Kentucky Fried Chicken on the left.
At the traffic light intersection with the Caltex Petrol Station on the left, continue straight over the railway bridge and past TFS on the left and under another railway bridge.
At the next traffic lights continue straight (N11) towards Newcastle.
Travel for 10kms and look out for the brown Nambiti sign on the left and a small sign is reading D45. This sign is also on the left of the N11.
Turn Right onto the D45 Road (road), travel for 10,3kms; turn right at the Y-Junction (onto the D46) and travel for 2 km until you reach the entrance to Nambiti Private Game Reserve (Electric Gate and Thatched Gate-house).
The gate guard directs guests to the undercover parking area where the ranger meets and transfers guests to the lodge.